Is a Macbook Pro worth it?

33 posts in this topic

I've been using a 15" for over 5 years now... 13" too small, 17" too big.... it all comes down to preference.

I agree. 15.4" widescreen is the perfect size for a laptop.

I too decided to not get a 17" becasue I don't want to be lugging somethign that big around with me.

I agree. 15.4" widescreen is the perfect size for a laptop.

I too decided to not get a 17" becasue I don't want to be lugging somethign that big around with me.

Good call... I opted for a 17" one year (I run a small firm) and it was just ... not a laptop. I haven't got another and probably never will.

yea well for me 15" isnt a laptop either. i have to carry it around because it bearly fits in my bag and it stretches it out too much. that was my biggest decision to make when getting this laptop. i wanted something portable and powerful and the macbook just wasnt powerful enough so i went the giant laptop MBP 15". thats just my opion and as a student i would have loved a smaller one!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note of interest - I recently upgraded from 1.5Gb to 2Gb on my 15'' 1.83Ghz Core Duo MacBook Pro. Contrary to popular beleif, running dual-channel memory on the MBP *does* make a big difference. My Geekbench score jumped by 10 points, and the machine feels a LOT faster overall.

Just a note of interest - I recently upgraded from 1.5Gb to 2Gb on my 15'' 1.83Ghz Core Duo MacBook Pro. Contrary to popular beleif, running dual-channel memory on the MBP *does* make a big difference. My Geekbench score jumped by 10 points, and the machine feels a LOT faster overall.

it doesnt surprise me, it helps with latency alot.

and on the mbp, if you have the $, want to spend the $, and like the mbp go for it. its what ever you think. :)

The only reason i would buy a MBP is for the Graphics card. Other than that, the MB does everything else at a comparable speed, and even gets more WI-Fi coverage (you know what for *wink*)

that is very true, very true indeed, but make sure your ok with the mb gpu because you cant upgrade laptop gpus