I write a Vista driver for Intel Mac IR device

xxxin

117 posts in this topic

It does manage to setup a IR driver although I can't seem to get the app to do anything or allow the buttons on my remote to seem to do anything.

Good job so far - only one more driver -performance counters and the need to kickstart Bluetooth with hid2hci and all the drivers are done (MBPro CDuo 17")!

devmanvistair.gifdevmanvistair1.gif

Maybe your remote control uses another set of IR code... I'll write a IR code dump tool this week. If you know some C++ programming knowledge, you can even dump it yourself by compiling and debugging the MacIR.exe.

When click on MACIR.exe, i got message saying it is not a valid win32 application. I tried to manually install the driver, it doesn't work. I got MacBook with core duo 2ghz with Win XP. Thanks for your hard work.

Edited by vfx

When click on MACIR.exe, i got message saying it is not a valid win32 application. I tried to manually install the driver, it doesn't work. I got MacBook with core duo 2ghz with Win XP. Thanks for your hard work.

XP is not a supported platform yet. Please try it under Vista. :D

I downloaded the IR file and tried to download it, did not work...any suggestions?

Anyone working on a real bluetooth option?

Is it a Mac Mini or other type? What I have is a Mac Mini, the driver works for me. I also collect some other types of IR code. But I think there are still other types of remote controls this driver doesn't cover. I'll write a IR code dump tool this weekend to help you diagnose the problem... Thanks for your feedback! :police:

It does not work for me.

I have a 20¨ iMac Core Duo. Running Windows Vista 32-bit.

The image above shows the installed IR device running on Port 2 Hub 3 (Port_#0002.Hub_#0003)- however, on my iMac the not working human interface device is on Port 2 Hub 4 (Port_#0002.Hub_#0004)

When i attempt to install the driver i get:

¨The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a drive, make sure it is deisgned to work with Windows for 32-bit systems¨

Running MacIR.exe does nothing.

Hope my feedback is helpful! I lookforward to a fix ;) - I'll post results from my MacBook Pro 15¨ tomorrow when i'm at work

Could you check the hardware ID of the device you tried to install the Mac IR driver on, in the Vista device manager?

It is "USB\VID_05AC&PID_8240&REV_0110" for my Mac Mini. If it's another value for your Mac, you might try to update MacIR.inf file and then give another try.

It does not work for me.

I have a 20¨ iMac Core Duo. Running Windows Vista 32-bit.

The image above shows the installed IR device running on Port 2 Hub 3 (Port_#0002.Hub_#0003)- however, on my iMac the not working human interface device is on Port 2 Hub 4 (Port_#0002.Hub_#0004)

When i attempt to install the driver i get:

¨The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a drive, make sure it is deisgned to work with Windows for 32-bit systems¨

Running MacIR.exe does nothing.

Hope my feedback is helpful! I lookforward to a fix :whistle: - I'll post results from my MacBook Pro 15¨ tomorrow when i'm at work

Not sure. This is the first time I write a driver. XP does support user mode driver framework. It might be easy to port the driver to XP.

But I don't want to install XP again on my Mac Mini since Vista is so lovely... :rolleyes:

Can you write quick port to XP? or Does it require a lot of codes change?

I just made a 1.0.0.3 release. Please try that release.

Currently if you want to know whether the driver is working, you should install Visual Studio 2005 and attach MacIR.exe to the debugger. You might see the IR code in the output window of the debugger when you press the buttons in the remote control.