Photoshop wizard required...

The Baron

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm doing a page for a friend and I'm having trouble with one aspect. I'd like to use bold letters that are made up of pictures ie the opposite of what you see when you input text in photoshop. I'm sure it was called burn through or similar in paint shop pro, but Im having no luck with cs3.

I'm looking for an example atm but if anyone can help I'd be very grateful,

Andy

i should be able to help, i am a professional photographer....

but i'm not sure what you are asking.....

do you want to burn the shapes of the letters into a background image?

select the text and go...layer>rasterise>type

then set the layer to colour burn or darken in the layers inspector (must have text darker than the image)

or when you say opposite, do you want to see inverted text, clear text on a black background.....or something else?

i should be able to help, i am a professional photographer....

but i'm not sure what you are asking.....

do you want to burn the shapes of the letters into a background image?

select the text and go...layer>rasterise>type

then set the layer to colour burn or darken in the layers inspector (must have text darker than the image)

or when you say opposite, do you want to see inverted text, clear text on a black background.....or something else?

Merry Xmas mate - it's me - Andy (changed my nic a while back)

I found a way of doing it, using the little clicky arrows by each tool & changed the type tool to a type mask. cut'n'paste that, and I'm sorted. I'll have a play around with your suggestion, will come in handy I'm sure.

Thanks for dragging yourself away from the Yabbies for this, speak soon.

Sneaky bugger!!

no yabbies just a 6kg king snapper cooked in fresh kaffir lime leaves and chillis.......what a spankin' good feast! oh, and blew the froth of a few too! Anyway, you pretty much got to the same point using a different approach. Got any plans for bringing the new year in?

New York? Edinborough? MCR? Glossop?, all four?

whos in the avatar? it's not hami circa 1988 is it?

;)

Almost. It's The Baron, the most evil man on the planet. Catch him at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Dx8wNw2-g

On another note, we did spot a Hami-a-like (and an AndyHall-a-like) at the POW, Xmas eve. Slacky has photographical evidence, it's really quite scary - bit like our ghosts living on there in younger form...or something.