x1400 kext/driver

ThePlague

34 posts in this topic

howdy folks,

I would like to invite all you osx86 hard rocking guys to help us poor x1400 owners to get Quartz working on the built-in display. I really would take all time in the world to do it if I had the knowledge.

thank you.

sincerely,

the plague

qe/ci can be enabled by editing the atiradeonx1000.kext

insert the device id into that Info.plist

this will not cause you to get resolution support/etc, and you will get mouse tearing doing that.

Using ATIinject or Natit has yielded nothing but external support.

good luck

cosmo

Hi, i need Help with my Ati X1400 too. Please guide me (us). I searched the forums and found some solutions, but non of them work. I heard that there is a working internal with X1300. As far as I know X1300 and X1400 are similar.

Please help us guys. Have tried everything that was avail to find on this forums. Mybe i did not do something right...

Please help!

I cant' ope nATIRadeonX1000, it doesnt behave like a folder as the other kext files do, how do I do?

Yes, it is a kext. Just right-click on it and select Show Package Contents

ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle

ATINDRV.kext

ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin

ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX1000.kext

yep, it worked, now I can experience the mouse tearing though...

together with Quartz Simple you can speedup even more. I noticed the edges are not jagged anymore, now there is a new battle to get rid of the mouse tearing and change resolution; not to talk about no audio on my Sigmatel 9200 HD audio...

gregor, were you able to change your resolution?

thanks a lot bud

I do not get resolution change, stuck at 1024x768. My native resolution is 1280x800. I still have no QE or CI... Which Radeon1000X.kext. Can someone please provide the link to it. on PM or MSN (microsoft messenger) i am registered with gregor(at)trzic.net.

greetings

I have screwed my originals (i did nor make any backup though) which i had to delete it using -s. And to make things worse i lend my DVD to my friend, which flew away for 2 months...

I really do not want to dl whole DVD again just for Radeon KEXTS.

I have ones that one of good guys mailed it to me, but does not work, So is there any chance to send it to me to grega(at)moho-druck.at?

Kexts: download Apple 10.4.8 Intel Combo Update

Then download Pacifist from Charlessoft.

Use Pacifist to open the .pkg installer inside the .dmg you download from Apple.

Select the ATI kexts/files and click on Install button.

Thank you. What about ATIONDRV.kext? I can see that ATY_Carreta is located in that kext. If I try to load it with Natit.kext (I pached Natit to detetect my X1400 like X1300) with no success (black screen). i do not have any external display to try on.

I know there is little to go, for X1400 to work, but i have a lack of knowledge. Can someone give me any guidelines what to try out? Can i do something with Linux drivers? Please give me the guidelines and I will do a research.

greetings

Doesn't work on my Acer Aspire 5672WLMi.

All ATI kexts replaced with the extracted from the Apple 10.4.8Upd. No resolution change available. Forcing resolution to 1280x800 in the Boot.plist gives no result. And no QE/CI after ATIRadeonX1000.kext edit. :whistle:

Doesn't work on my Acer Aspire 5672WLMi.

All ATI kexts replaced with the extracted from the Apple 10.4.8Upd. No resolution change available. Forcing resolution to 1280x800 in the Boot.plist gives no result. And no QE/CI after ATIRadeonX1000.kext edit. :(

I bet you missed something while editing your kext...

• 1 year later...
I bet you missed something while editing your kext...

I am using a Dell Inspiron 6400 with the x1400 chip inside. I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 disc WITHOUT selecting any video drivers and it works fine in 1024x768. I tried forcing 1440x900, but the best I got was 1152x864.

It looks like x1400 support is bleak. x1600 and x2600's are OK from what I've read, but the x1300's have trouble with internal displays (the x1300 driver is only for the Xserve and an external display.)

You could buy a Dell PN# NJ887 Geforce Go 7300 for an Inspiron 6400/e1505 (only if you already have the x1400) for about $75 on eBay, but I just couldn't justify it for a machine that may or may not run vanilla kexts and be somewhat future-proof.

Hopefully someone breaks through with a good x1400 driver to end all the confusion. Also you can buy a Dell TrueMobile 1390/1490/1500 (1500 preferable) wifi mini-PCI card for an Inspiron 6400 and coupled with that Geforce 7300 you could conceivably have a Core2Duo Mac laptop. If you could get those vanilla kexts working you should be set.

Cheers,

Charlie

• 2 months later...

Hi Charlie,

I have a Dell6400 like you, but with leopard 10.5.2 I didn´t get the QE for my x1400, ja, I was doing all those changing with the id.

Do you have your x1400 with QE?

I did the installation with the Ati x1000 series drivers, peharps i should try without graphic drivers

ok, I did it, I reinstall the whole Leopard 10.5.2 without ATI x1000 drivers in the install option.

I see everything well, but i can not get the Quartz enable, and yes, i did the change id thing and after that the whole chmod and chwon, rm thing.

Help please, i need to install my programs and i can not becuase of the Quartz and virtual memory,

How can i set up my x1400 in my kalyway Leopard 10.5.2 inside a Dell 6400 laptop?

thanks

Yes, I get resolution but to 1150x800.

I still don´t understand why i can not get the QE, what i am doing wrong?

Dell 6400 in Kalyway 10.5.2 with kernel 9.22 speed and i didnt installed any graphy card from the customize installation.

I changed the id in  the  nano /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/info.plist

then

sudo -s

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

and then

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1400x1050x32</string>

But i get only this 1150x800 resolution, anything else, no QE, no more resolution

Any ideas? what i am missing to do?

thanks