Any luck w/Little Snitch or Net Barrier?

whiplash

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone been able to get Leopard up and running with either Little Snitch or Net Barrier? I haven't seen any threads about others having problems with these apps. I can get Leopard installed, install software for wireless keyboard, printer, MIDI keyboard, Office, Quicken, Palm desktop, surf the net, download, no problem. I installed Net Barrier and got a kernel panic as soon as I tried to get on the internet. No problem, uninstall Net Barrier and install Little Snitch, reboot, don't even get to the logon screen before another kernel panic. Start up in safe mode, delete Little Snitch and any other files even remotely associated with Net Barrier or Little Snitch, reboot, still getting kernel panic! :P I suppose I could just wipe everything and start from scratch, but I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem?

I'm running G4 iMac 1GHz w/768 MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 MX and I gotta say, up until this little hiccup 9a303 was running like a champ!

Thanks!

you you have another mac? If you do, just start up the G4 iMac in firewire mode(hold t while turing on) and delete the files from the other mac. If not, you can boot up in single user mode(apple-s while turing on) and use the code "rm~"(like rm~ /Users/whiplash/documents/report). That deletes the file. If you do the second one, don't mess up, if you press enter before you select the right file, you could delete the file with confirmation.

As suggested, boot in single-user mode (hold Command-S during boot). At the prompt, type the following. If you get an error that the file doesn't exist, that is OK, you already deleted it:

fsck -fy																	<-- repairs any disk errors
mount -uw /																 <-- mounts file system for writing
rm -rf "/Library/PreferencePanes/Little Snitch.prefPane"					<-- use quotes, deletes pref.pane
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/LittleSnitch.kext						 <-- deletes file
rm -rf "/Users/(your-user-name)/Library/Application Support/Little Snitch"  <-- use quotes, deletes folder
rm -rf "/Library/Application Support/Objective Development"				 <-- use quotes, deletes folder
cd /System/Library														  <-- changes directory
rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache								<-- deletes cache files
reboot