Battery Life and iPods

taxali

3 posts in this topic

What's recommended.

I use my iPod Nano (2G 4G Red) untill the battery is totally dead (or very near dead) before I re charge it.

-Or-

I use it and keep charging it on a day to day basis, weather the battery life is empty, half empty, or almoast full.

What's recommended.

I use my iPod Nano (2G 4G Red) untill the battery is totally dead (or very near dead) before I re charge it.

-Or-

I use it and keep charging it on a day to day basis, weather the battery life is empty, half empty, or almoast full.

You might as well just awit till thats nearly dead, saves you some money on electric bills (Not a noticable ammount though)

Actually for lithium-ion battery you want to keep it charged (doesn't need to be fully charged) most of the time, the only time you'll ever want to completely discharge is to reset the battery meter, should it become inaccurate.

Unlike NiMH or NiCd battery that has "memory" if you don't discharge completely, you are actually decreasing its life span, and risk damaging it. Li-ion battery also has a protective circuit that will "freezes" the battery when it is left uncharged for a while after a complete discharge.

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm