10.13.2 issues on z97/4790k

Guest millusions

15 posts in this topic

Guest millusions

hey guys,

can someone help me tweak this Mac to perfection?  having erratic USB issues, some boots to black screen plus there's a few settings in Clover im not sure about.. sleep seems to be 99% working with some wake up issues - like a black screen...

it's MSI Gaming 7 z97 mobo, 4790k no overlcock, MSI 980ti with two 4k screens on DP and HDMI, installed on SSHD not SSD, OS was installed and updated on a real mac and then Clovered.

The funny thing about that is that when you boot it fresh before clover, all USB appear perfect and then i guess my configs happen, he he.  100 reboots later lol

ive had a few problems with Sandbox errors in previous OS versions, specifically 10.11.6 and those are like a mysterious black holes with no help to be found on google but carbon copy back and forth.  Having said that im running 10.13.2 hack with SIP on so any kexts necessary are loaded with Clover to try to have a stable machine.

if someone could have a look at my settings, i would really appreciate it

EFI.zip

Send me Athene.zip

i create many hacks per month, i have many hardwares for tests, have a time, create and updates patches per chipset.

if u need , just upload ur tables and ioreg and tell what processor, chipset and GPU.

more than 10 years editing tables, I know what each chipset needs  :P

hey,

please find attached IOreg for Asrock,

the other one is problem at the moment, it wont boot 10.13.2, its ok. imaging back to 10.11.6 it doesnt get used much is no problem.

Error is AppleMUController: Could not get SMCProvider, with new config and with old config - thus it's not config. i think.

thanks again for all your hard work :)

u need use kexts only in one local, or in Clover/Kexts/Other or Library/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions

hey.

seems to be running very smooth, speed stepping, usb3 and AppleALC and HDMI sound working on both, network, etc.

the only thing is the Asrock lost wake on bluetooth keyboard / usb mouse - have to press power button - any ideas how to fix?

and the lenovo, sleep is broken, screen goes black, sound pops off but machine stays on, can not access through network screen sharing

Asrock

DSDT.Wake Asrock.zip

Lenovo

try other smbios

i think iMac14,2 work good too

Hi MaLd0n,

After reading what you did for millusions different machines that's amazing!

I have a z97/4790k system also, specifically an Asus Z97-A, and I'm having problems getting it up and fully running.  I've tried so many different things, but I'm not able to get the USB ports fully functional on it.  Could you take a look at it?

-Post your full Clover folder
-Send me tables
-Send me one Ioreg too

yup. that guy is a genius.

this is the best / most stable hack ever . nothing to fix now :)

sorry MaLdOn, i know you dont like MP Smbios, but speed stepping seems to work better as MP 6.1 as 14.2 it was 4GHz all the time.

2eq3yis.jpg

if stay at 4ghz is wrong, u need a variable frequencies, is a speedstep, in idlle 800mhz if u need go to 4ghz :D

• 6 months later...

i have gigabyte Z97-HD3 and found the 15.1 imac works good on the 4790K

sleep wake working with amd R9 380 (non x 2gb) without dsdt, clover doing all the work.
minor issue with usb 2 being dead on mouse and needs replug while usb 3 port works fine.

• 5 months later...

Hey,

I have nearly the same configuration : MSI Z97 Gaming 5 + i7 4790K

I can install Sierra without problem with the TonyMacx86 guide, but I can't even boot on the installation Usb stick of HighSierra without having the interdiction sign (still using TonyMacx86 [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]).

My problem with Sierra is, i can't manage to get my GTX 1060 (MSI Gaming X) to work, and i wanted to give a try to others drivers in High Sierra.

Can you tell me which method did you use to install High Sierra on this config ?

Many thanks if you read me

I see. I didn't know that there is some sort of competition in the custoMac community ^^'

Anyway, I found my solution to get on the next step, which i'm pleased to share :
I tried to copy the FakeSMC kext from my Sierra install to the EFI partition on the USBstick.
To do that, I used the clover terminal :

1. Enter the terminal when on Clover screen
  2. Normally you get a list of your drives, but if not, type "map"
  3. The different partitions are named like " FS* " (with * = number of the partition)
  4. To select a partition, type " FS*: " (I had to navigate all around to find which is which)
  5. To display files and folders in the current position, type " ls "
  6. To navigate in the directories, type " cd name_of_directory ", and to go back one step, type " cd .. "
  7. When you've found your file to copy, type " cp file_localisation file_destination "

Reboot, very long wait for loading, but the HighSierra install begin normally.
Probably not the ideal way to do it, and to describe it, but at least it worked.

Now I'm in the usual difficulties of post-installation. Webdrivers did not work on first try. I continue the tests.

Thanks for the answer
(english is not my native language, sorry)

Edited by Raph Gir