Help with Sierra on Haswell Laptop

halomademeapc

2 posts in this topic

Hello! 

I've gotten Sierra running on my Latitude E7450 and am trying to get it up on my Toshiba Satellite E45-B4200 now.  I don't think this is a particularly common system so I've had trouble finding information specific to it.  I also come across a lot of conflicting or out-of-date information so I thought I should post here to get pointed in the right direction.  

Basic system specs:

i5-4210U

16GB DDR3L

1080p matte display (eDP)

512GB SATA SSD

Synaptics clickpad (works with windows precision drivers)

Progress so far: 

- Installed with clover

- Manually added boot entry with efi shell

- Got Intel HD4400 working

- Got BCM94352Z working

- Got trackpad mostly working

Not working:

- Audio (ALC233)

- Sleep/wake

- Multi-touch gestures

- Screen Brightness Adjustment

The main thing that I'm looking for help with here is audio.  I haven't looked into sleep/wake or multitouch gestures much yet, but I've been chasing my tail on audio.  I've gone through many different guides trying to get it to work and the most recent one was this from the hackintosh reddit.  I followed the directions closely and tried with layouts 3, 13, and 27 for my ALC233 with no luck.   

Here are details about my audio device. 

Here is a list of loaded kernel extensions.

Here is my config.plist (sans-uuid)

For sleep mode, I need to do more research, but when clicking sleep from the apple menu or closing the lid, the computer stays on (fan continues to blow).  Then, when I open the lid I see the power light go into its sleep indication mode for half a second or so before switching back to the powered-on state.  After that the the display does not come back on and I have to reset the device.  I need to plug it into a monitor to see if it's just the LCD that's inactive or if the system is truly not waking back up.  In either case, it doesn't enter sleep mode in any useful fashion.  

The touchpad is working with two-finger scrolling using voodooPS2trackpad.  I'd like to get a better experience since I get four-finger gestures in Windows so I tried the smart touchpad driver but anything more than two fingers made a force quit dialog show up, scrolling was extremely twitchy, and the touchpad panel in System Preferences just showed a white screen.  I'll have to look into this some more.

Like I said earlier, the main thing I want to fix is the audio issue.  Thank you very much in advance for any help with this; I really would appreciate it.  

Your config.plist looks to have the ID injected correctly. Did you use “TextEdit”? That app is known to corrupt config.plist builds.

Did you add ALCkext to clover bootloader EFI partition kext folder other?

For wake have you tried EMUvariable in clover Driver64EFI folder? And boot arg. Darkwake=0, or darkwake=8. My Haswell pentium sleep works with these settings.