NVIDIA Web Driver performance vs. default graphics driver

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Any one having also difficulties with the web driver performance?

I made a clean install on a fusion drive (via 3rd hdd and closing back to fusion) and re-installed/updated the web driver to 10.25.28 378.10.10.15.114.

When I start in "NVIDIA" Mode, I noticed my system was very laggy with the graphics, so I ran a Cinebench test.

I got only 29 fps for OpenGL (GTX-670 2GB) and 499 cb on CPU (i7-2600k non-overclocked).

Then I switched to built-in "default" graphics driver (showing 10.24.28 355.11.10.10.160) and ran the Cinebench again. Result: 68,81 fps and 606 cb !!!

I have no clue why also the cpu result is better now, but it confirms my "feeling" that graphics are back to "normal" now not using the web drivers.

I don't want to believe that the Nvidia Web driver has such a much lower performance than the built-in one. any one having an idea what's wrong here?

I have a 1070 so I can't confirm regarding the Apple-supplied drivers for native cards, but the Nvidia web drivers do seem to be lagging at times. I can't be sure at this stage if it's related to my Wacom tablet, but when I run GPU-intensive apps the mouse cursor will freeze/stutter quite often, particularly when quitting apps. And this is not anything demanding either, just web development, InDesign, testing in web browsers, etc.

In my case I have pretty similar performances like I had before with 10.12.6

System is reacting well in all application I use (cinema4d,Premierepro , davinci resolve, after effects)

As already been said. GTX 1080 Ti obviously don't have a problem. It seems that only older cards are affected.

• 4 months later...

I have some graphics related problem but only if dual monitor is turned on. If I plug only one monitor into graphic cards there is no problem,

With 2 monitors and 2 graphics cards I have slow and largish only one monitor. very strange?

also, I have Sierra 10.12.6 on second ssd with no such problems never before.

web driver 158 I think, I can't install only other it said non-compatible version of driver.

attached is some screenshots. for example youtube page on 2 different monitors - on one graphic is fine and other very strange like half of page is not loaded properly ... but it's just same window displayed on 2 different monitors

any ideas?

post-519059-0-10763900-1519490978_thumb.png

post-519059-0-10071500-1519490989_thumb.png