Please help with patching my DSDT!

gotmilk70

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have managed to get my Alienware to go past the install and into the desktop. It has been quite a ride so far. There are a few things that I still need to get working. Was hoping to have someone help with patching my DSDT/SSDT to get these problems fixed, or at least point me in the right direction as to patch it myself. First, let me post my build:

System: Alienware M15x + Clover (Legacy r4061)
CPU: Intel i7-920XM + Intel PM55 Chipset
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 5730M + 1600 x 900 Resolution (1002:68C0)
Intel Ibex Peak High Definition Audio (8086:3B56) (Codec IDT 92HD83C1X)
Dell Wireless 1520 (BCM943224HMS 14E4:4353)

And now what is not working and symptoms:

Graphics: Not working. Okay, I think because I have a DSDT.aml file in the patched folder that I made for my laptop and because my particular card is supported in the AMD5000Controller.kext file that even when I remove all Clover ATI injections...I am still able to get a working DisplayPort (no audio) and VGA but no LVDS. I removed Inject ATI/AMD, load/patch vBios, all connectors patches, device/vendor ID's, Inject/Custom EDID's and just left the change PEGP to GFX0 patch. This setup is also still using the default generic RadeonFramebuffer/Legacy RadeonFramebuffer instead of any one that I choose. I have tried every Framebuffer compatible with my setup and it still defaults to the legacy one. I also tried to hot patch the connectors, product/vendor ID's and EDID's. Nothing works and cannot get the internal display via LVDS to work for the life of me.

Audio: Not working. I understand HDMI audio may not work if the gpu isn't installed correctly. I also mainly would want the internal audio to work, but if we can get HDMI audio to work too that would be great!

WIFI: I may need to patch the DSDT for this? This card should be native. When I boot in verbose mode, I see some messages about Airport and Broadcom but the system is not picking up the wifi card.

Sleep: Does not work. Known issue for AMD cards in Sierra...(even if I get the card working!) Maybe requires a DSDT patch?

I have included a zip file with everything I can think of to patch the DSDT/SSDT. The one that I am currently using is in the /DSDT/Patched folder. The zip files have the connector layout for the GPU, the Sierra Framebuffer list for the 5000 series GPU's, my Clover folder, my full DarwinDump, DSDT/SSDT's, ioReg dump, vBios dump, and EDID info/dump. I have spent over a week trying to get these things to work. I have managed to get everything else I can think of to work like Power Management, Battery info, Bluetooth, Ethernet, Brightness (would have to fix the LVDS issue to test this) and Trim support for my SSD. 

If anyone can please help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I think a proper DSDT/SSDT would help finish the issues with this laptop I hope. Thanks!

Gotmilk70's Stuff.zip

post-172110-0-08356200-1493806927_thumb.png

post-172110-0-76523800-1493806937_thumb.png

UPDATE :

So the only way LVDS works is if you use the usb clover boot drive with the device and vendor id's injected wrong for the AMD GPU. It comes up as an unknown device and at least shows a display with 1024 x 768 resolution on both LVDS and DP. :/ So I know that at least there is some output depending on the situation. Attached there is a copy of my ioReg dump from when the LVDS was working on the USB Clover boot disk. I have hope! Please help?

post-172110-0-17751500-1493812196_thumb.png

post-172110-0-93214900-1493812203_thumb.png

Gotmilk70’s MacBook Pro NO AMD INJECT.zip

Thank you so much MaLd0n! If you don't mind me asking, what patches did you put in? I replaced all the files in the clover folder that you gave me. I'm just curious so I can learn to patch it myself in the future. Did you mean try fixing the wireless with a clover patch? Should I now try to install the Framebuffer and connector information into Clover? Not much has changed on the display side. Still only DP and the LVDS still does not work. And it still says AMD Radeon 5000 1024MB. I attached Clover's boot.log file incase it helps. I see the connector info for the audio setting in the System information (this machine has two headphone jack outputs that are separate from the internal speakers...so it is missing a port) but I can't select any outputs from the sound preferences. Although, in the picture I see the PCI section is actually displaying something. It has not shown anything before today. What do I do next? Thanks again!

log.txt

post-172110-0-94417600-1493868376_thumb.png

post-172110-0-04388200-1493868384_thumb.png

post-172110-0-28338000-1493868389_thumb.png

Thank you again! Using voodoohda and applehdadisabler, I can get audio coming out of my internal speakers. It is just not working with HDMI audio. I'm assuming that this is due to the fact that macOS Sierra is not selecting the right frame buffer. Is there a way to attach a specific frame buffer, EDID and card connector layout to the DSDT directly to neglect the need of clover patches? It seems like because the 5730M in my laptop is native to OSX, it is not allowing me to inject any properties via clover. Is there a way you can also provide me the .dsl file after you applied the patches so I can edit the dsdt with the changes you made? Thank you again MaLd0n!

• Like 1

Hey MaLd0n, I was wondering if I can bother you one more time. Is there a way to patch or point me in the direction of patching the DSDT or system to stop resetting my bios every time I restart or shut down my PC? Thank you so much!