GT210 No Signal after boot

es27

11 posts in this topic

I changed my rig to the one below in the signature and got a gt210 1gb card.

I mannaged to get it booting but when it finishes it just shows a black screen and says "monitor going to sleep" The keyboard lights work and so does the mouse so this means it is still running. I only boot with PCIRootUID=1. When I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes it works in the background with the keyboard light working but when it is No it just stops responding. I am able to boot with the integrated intel card if I need to install anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

New Rig:

Motherboard: Intel DG35EC

Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce 210

Ram: 6GB DDR2

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo

Bootloader is clover or chameleon?

It's chameleon. I found out solution it was that i was using VGA. When i moved the computer to my TV which has HDMI everything worked. With QE/CI. However i cant be be using my TV everyting i want to use the computer and my monitor only has VGA. Is there a way to get it working on VGA.

Maybe injecting the properties of your graphics card through DSDT is a better alternative, anyway I suggest you use Clover.

EDIT: you tried PCIRootUID=0 and npci=0x2000?

Switched to Clover, but still shows black screen with npci 0x2000 and PCIRootUID. I also detected inject Nvidia and still no success. Just out of interest will a HDMI to VGA converter fix this issue.

• Like 1

Well your VGA may never work. You see, real Macs don't have VGA, so no matter what you try it will never work. If it works, congratulations, you hit the silicon jackpot. Or you did some really insane patching. Just grab an HDMI male to VGA female adapter and plug the HDMI into your 210 and the VGA into your monitor and you're good to go. So as you asked, yes, an HDMI converter will do the trick ;)

Well your VGA may never work. You see, real Macs don't have VGA, so no matter what you try it will never work. If it works, congratulations, you hit the silicon jackpot. Or you did some really insane patching. Just grab an HDMI male to VGA female adapter and plug the HDMI into your 210 and the VGA into your monitor and you're good to go. So as you asked, yes, an HDMI converter will do the trick ;)

I use my graphics card with a VGA output

No problem, just like many users here.

Yeah couldn't get it work with VGA so had to move to HDMI. However I bought a HDMI monitor and it works fine now (just sad i could of used connecter and saved a lot of money!)

• Like 1