Win 10 Pro 64 with VM WS 12.5.4 OSX problems after update

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am stuck with installation problems after a reinstallation of windows 10 with a current version of VMWare Workstation 12.5.4 and Unlocker 2.0.8.

I reinstalled the system that worked fine with an older version of VMware WS 12 and 2.0.7  unlocker. I am now trying to locate where the problems are.

I mainly worked on Mavericks. Installing a new Mavericks hangs at he point where I install the VMWare tools from the darwin iso. Running the VMware tools installer PKG (iso mounted as CD/DVD) doesn't give me a valid destination to install to. All destinations are grey.

Installing a fresh sierra from a created iso (app store 12.3 source) starts the installation and I can start the HardDisk Utility App that comes with osx, but unless to former installations the partition button is grey and the created VM volume is marked as not initalized. I cannot create my destination partition for the sierra operating system there.

Using older VMs, I see a changed behavoir accessing VMWare Shared folders. It seems to be that certain applictions cannot write data to the shared folders anymore. OwnCloud for example sais it cannot wirte into its .something files, if the drive is located on a shard folder. Thunderbird sais its already started if you export it's Profile folder to a shared location.

Other folders such as Download linked to Shared with "ln -s" don't seem to make trouble.

Can you  help me with these topics so that I understand what I have to look for to get my system work again?

I found a solution on item 2.

Even though Apple's hard disk utility app doesn't show anything available on the created VM, you can execute the delete partition function which then modifies (initializes ?) the VM and after that the partition button changes from grey to black and a partition can be created. So I managed to install sierra including VMware tools.

Item 1:

Due to compatibility reasons I still need Mavericks for some special software. Question: Do I need an older darwin.iso version for Mavericks instead of the current one to install VMWare tools? Does the current version not support Mavericks any more?