Intel HD 530 4K HiDPI scaling issue

the massakretor

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

This is my config: Intel i5 6500, H170 Pro Gaming Asus, GTX 1060 6GB.

Now I set the BIOS perfectly to boot with the Intel HD 530 as primary gpu, Sierra works perfectly, I fixed the flickering on the corner, everything is fine. Except for the fact that I have a 27" 4k monitor, 2160p, connected via Display Port to the mobo.

I have no problems with the 2160p itself, but on 27" everything is way too small.
So there are HiDPI resolution, that scale the UI keeping the 4k definition. BUT I can only get 1080p HiDPi (that is way too big). I tryed making custom HiDPI resolution, applying the CoreDisplay patch, but nothing did the trick. A guy on the internet said that he solved changing the ig-platform-id from 0x19120000 to 0x19260002, and I tried the same. But when i reboot there is no video output at 1/4 of the progress bar. Putting the old ig-platform-id solve the issue, but still no HiDPI.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

I really appreciate your answer, but as I wrote in my post, I already tried making custom HiDPI resolution, it didn't work. I tried manually as you are suggesting, and also with SwitchResX (it stated "invalid" for the HiDPI resolution I wanted)

It is not a hardware problem per se.

You can't output a resolution that won't be supported by your monitor.

1920*1080 HiDPI is equal to 3840*2160.

So everything is working as it should be.

Edit: In HiDPI mode the UI gets scaled with textures that have higher resolutions.

• 2 weeks later...

it is a hardware problem.

This guy says that he solved this.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-sierra-hidpi-scaling-issues.212034/

Edit: In HiDPI mode the UI gets scaled with textures that have higher resolutions.

Man you're getting it wrong. With GTX 970 for example, I could use 1440p HiDPI, it's just how MacOS scale the UI. In Windows and Linux I simply have a slider to zoom as much as I want. On Mac I need to choose an HiDPI resolution, that's how large I want my ui, keeping my original monitor resolution.

1440p HiDPI on 4k means that I want things as big as they are on 1440p resolution, but "crisp" as 4k resolution (so macOS use full 4k resolution textures, but on a larger UI).

Also on original Mac you can choose how big the UI must be.

2160p is too small on 27", it would need 32 or 40" monitor.

it is a hardware problem because there is no resolution as you know that.