Need help pls

Muntic0re

2 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble getting my VPN connection to work. I run a VPN server on OS X Server at work, and use OS X's built-in VPN software  to connect. It works fine from my powerbook, so I know the problem is on the OSX86 side of things.

Edited by Muntic0re

I'm having trouble getting my VPN connection to work. run a VPN server on OS X Server at work,

What version of OS X Server? if it's L2TP is this password-based or certificate-based? You need to provide more info if you want help.

and use OS X's built-in VPN software (found one on https://myipservices.com) to connect.

You just contradicted yourself. Are you using the built-in software (meaning one controlled from the Network panel in System Preferences) or are you using some client software you downloaded? You don't use 3rd party software to connect to OS X Server VPN. Within that link are you referring to the VPN service you want to connect to? You have me confused here.

It works fine from my powerbook, so I know the problem is on the OSX86 side of things.

It has absolutely nothing to do with it being a Hackintosh. In fact you can get a PC running Windows to connect to a Mac OS X Server VPN. I can guarantee you that OS X wouldn't be able to tell it's a Hackintosh anyway. A Hackintosh is no different from a Macintosh regarding this issue, as you're mimicking a real Mac's firmware via bootloaders Chameleon or Clover and identifying as a real Mac model and that's enough for the OS to be convinced.

I'm willing to help you out but you need to provide specifics. By the way, I can connect to OS X Server 4.1.5's (10.10.5) VPN from my osx86 laptop without any issues at all.