Please help to start Xcode

macos xcode 10.11.6.

Best Answer 3xac7, 04 January 2017 - 06:14 PM

DVTFoundation.framework is located inside Xcode.app - specifically /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DVTFoundation.framework

I have no idea why you're running into this. You can give this command a try from terminal and see if it improves it at all, or if it screws it up completely. If it does screw it up, then delete Xcode.app and reinstall from the app store. And I'll be honest, I won't be surprised if it screws it up.

sudo install_name_tool -add_rpath /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

You shouldn't have an issue like this at all so deleting Xcode.app and reinstalling it is what you should try either way.

Thx for the advice, but that did not help at all. Neverless i did solve the problem. I had to disable SIP, once i have done that Xcode started without any errors.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

3xac7

3xac7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello, i'm new here. I reques some help.

I have started an El capitan 10.11.6 in a virtual machine using VMware.

Everything is running ok, accept that i can't run Xcode. I install it through appstore, and when i try to run it i have this error:

Application Specific Information:
dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/DVTFoundation.framework/Versions/A/DVTFoundation
  Referenced from: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode
  Reason: image not found

Full error report is in the txt file, attached.

Ty for your help.

Attached Files

nawcom

nawcom

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Mind {censored}. Telephony.

DVTFoundation.framework is located inside Xcode.app - specifically /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks/DVTFoundation.framework

I have no idea why you're running into this. You can give this command a try from terminal and see if it improves it at all, or if it screws it up completely. If it does screw it up, then delete Xcode.app and reinstall from the app store. And I'll be honest, I won't be surprised if it screws it up.

sudo install_name_tool -add_rpath /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/SharedFrameworks /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

You shouldn't have an issue like this at all so deleting Xcode.app and reinstalling it is what you should try either way.

3xac7

3xac7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Best Answer

Thx for the advice, but that did not help at all. Neverless i did solve the problem. I had to disable SIP, once i have done that Xcode started without any errors.

nawcom

nawcom

InsanelyMac Sage

• Retired Developers
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Mind {censored}. Telephony.

Good to hear you figured it out :thumbsup_anim: Interesting that it needed SIP disabled to just run Xcode as I've never heard of that. Then again I've just always had SIP disabled either way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: macos, xcode, 10.11.6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy