Anyone there able to boot and install sierra using chameleon bootloader

ncmontas

14 posts in this topic

Hi i am trying to install using chameleon boot loader but was not able to boot the installer successfully, spinning wheel and white screen. I an suspecting video driver issue, hardware at my signature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clover is by FAR the best boot loader for running OS X on your PC or custom built computer. I would suggest you guys try your hardest to read up about it and read some tutorials. It has a huge learning curve but it is well worth it in the end. You can have a hackintosh up and running perfectly and it is very simple once you figure it out. If you are unable to get it to work the first time, it is most likely due to issues with the configuration file of your clover install. If you alter a few settings you will have a perfect machine.

• Like 1

Can anyone of you help me install macos Sierra with Clover, i'm running now Mac OS X EL Capitan with Enoch, is the current config.plist of El Capitan

can help me to configure out Clover in Legacy mode ?

I have a PC HP xw4600 Worksation Core 2 Quad Q9550

2.83 Ghz 8Gb RAM DDR2 ECC Nvidia Quadro FX580 512Mb 1Tb HDD

My PC supported SSE4 so it can install Sierra

Thank you

iamtheonlyone4ever, on 02 Oct 2016 - 4:26 PM, said:

yes you can use enoch in sierra if you system is compatible with the boot loader and also if you can properly configure the bootloader but there are  big problems now
first no file nvram support, that means no imessage
second maybe also related to file nvram, you won't be able to use your nvidia card in sierra using enoch, yes you can use the card but without acceleration there is more to explain but i don't wan t to complicate things too much

if you don't care about iMessage and if you have an intel compatible onboard video then you can use enoch with sierra
also you can install clover in legacy mode 

maybe that is the issue i am facing now, since i can't get to the GUI of the installer, I am suspecting an issue on my nvidia graphic card, I have also trying to boot an installer using clover, but after all booted up, my monitor went to sleep, seem there where no proper signal going out to my card. My system is running well in El Capitan using enoch branch. I am attaching my plist and config files for chameleon and clover. 

Archive.zip

how about the installer, are you able to boot that up? having issue spinning wheel, and when i click somewhere in the lower portion of the screen it hanged. I may need to try -x options in the installer.

I was able to boot the installer but about 1 min of left in installation kernel panic is happening, I have tried to boot using the unfinished installation and was successfully booted Sierra, acceleration ok, network ok but sound is not ok. thanks for all the insights. I was able to boot the installer after using the filenvram files in my installer USB.

Update: sound ok now; SIRI not working it is saying the she's having trouble with the connections

I made the Sierra usb installer with the base.dmg method, looks good but installer won't except boot loader of any kind. will try to install on Dell latitude 5420 i5 8g hd3000. and ideals. install ML but video problems and cpu panic but no problems with  iatkos installer.