Clover NVRAM write protected on Gigabyte?

naquaada

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

Clover won't write my NVRAM settings on my Gigabyte GA-Z77N WiFi and probably on my GA-Z77N-DS3H, too.

I just want to change my theme, it was always rather problematic. After every update of Clover it was gone and then I always have the 'embedded' theme. The command nvram -c doesn't work, the settings are the same after reboot or powering off. The file /nvram.plist doesn't change the date. Weird: In El Capitan it does, but still the theme is not set. My boards are completely set to Legacy BIOS, everything UEFI is disabled, I'm also using the MBR partition table.

On my Zotac board with an identical, cloned Mavericks system with different drivers theme changing is no problem.

Greets, naquaada.

@ Download-Fritz:

I cloned the EFI folders of the two systems and changed only info.plist and dsdt.aml. It doesn't work on the Gigabyte.

I left away the sudo in the post because this should be clear.

@ calibre:

I have negative experiences with UEFI. The BIOS boot selector was messed up, Multiboot with GPT is very difficult. A lot of people are even using hacked BIOS'es with Ozmosis. I have both Legacy and UEFI mainboards, so I'm using that what both have in common: Legacy BIOS and MBR.

Where is the nvram located? On my Legacy BIOS board the file /nvram.plist is changed, on my Gigabyte set to Legacy the file is changed in El Capitan, but the nvram is not changed, in Mavericks on my Gigabyte not even the file is changed. I should mention that I have the bootloader and the EFI folder on a seperate small partition (first primary/active), El Capitan is partition 5 (first logical), mavericks is partion 6 (second logical). But I have a similar configuration on my other system and there it works.

I selected all neccessary entries except themes.

What is Emuvariable? I haven't found anything about it. emuvariable=true has no effect.

Changing the boot drive does not work either.

Addon: I made a BIOS reset and restored the settings, no change.