Sleep Mode & Hibernatemode El Capitan Restarts

b101

4 posts in this topic

hi folks,

i just installed El Cap on my ProBook 440 G3 (Skylake). When I stay long enough idle sleep mode activates.. at least the display turns off, but i hear no change regarding HDD and Fan speed ( I can literally hear no change) and after a while in this "sleep" mode my Laptop just reboots - and whats even worse ! After that it gives me some stupid message about my Battery being empty and resets my BIOS settings. This only happens in "sleep" tho. Anyone know of this problem?

I've seen a couple of posts regarding hibernatemode but they all change it to 21 or 29 - I can't apply this command. As soon as I enter "sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 21" (or 29) 
my terminal output says: Usage: pmset <options> See pmset(1) for details: 'man pmset'

well, when of course I have looked the manpage up and it says 0 3 25 are possible (no big surprise here LOL) so how should I set it to 21 or 29 ?? and will this fix the sleep mode / restart problem anyway?? 

best regards

I am having the same issues , my screen goes black after less than a 2 minutes  minutes , then computer goes to sleep , If I close the screen then open it , after few seconds screen comes back and computer is at where I was before when sleep mode when in , I have no Battery messages when this happens   

I think I read that RehabMan said that hibernation is not working on Hackintosh - no I dont know if he means only on Laptops oder Desktops or in general.. 
Even if hibernate is not possible - there must be a way of fixing the sleep mode and stopping the laptop from restarting. 

• 3 months later...

it's use to work with 29 with this http://www.insanelym...and-how-to-use/

but it doesn't anymore

I found this

For OS X El Capitan, you'll need modify the com.apple.PowerManagement.plist.

Type this in Finder > Go > Go to folder/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.PowerManagement.plist

And find the Hibernate Mode in both section and put the value that you want.

source :             #3            

doesn't work either (it reboot :( )