1 post in this topic

Hi, i Have built a new PC, currently running windows 10 pro, and looking to dual boot OSX El Capitan. I have been patiently waiting to see what the state of play is regarding Skylake, and the 10 series chipset motherboards.

Hardware wise it is a Skylake i5 6600K, Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH motherboards, Apple airport native PCIe with Bluetooth 4, 32GB DDR4 2133, 2 x Samsung 850 Evo SSD, 2x Seagate 4tb Hybrid drives, and elderly maxtor HDD i use for backup purposes only. 2 x Gigabyte wind force 970 GTX 4gb.

Now onto what I've found, the motherboard has been updated to F4 bios (last stable non beta at time of writing). I am trying to figure out what DSDT patches i would need to get a stable install of EL Capitan, I plan on using clover as the boot loader, and to dual boot win 10. There does not seem to be a lot of information regarding 10 series boards, and what is usually points to Asus 170 based boards. I would like to have as simple a list of required patches as possible. so i can enable them via MacIASL. I have extracted the DSDT and all 8.. yes 8 SSDT files. I want to have as "vanilla" a setup as possible.

So far i have kexts to enable the Intel Ethernet i219 (mausi kext), latest FakeSMC, The USBInjectAll.kext to help enable the USB ports.

I really want to get on with installing OSX onto this machine. So any pointers as to what else i will need to get a successful install done would be gratefully appreciated. I have a elderly mountain lion system running to do the editing of DSDT and build my installer from. 

• Like 1