AMD Radeon HD 8250 Driver/Kext

phiftyopz

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I'm new to hackintoshing, so please excuse my lack of knowledge!

I decided to hackintosh my HP laptop today and got OS X 10.10 installed. I have many problems with my install, but my number one priority is to get my GPU working properly (Not really enjoying the 1024x768 resolution right now).

I have a AMD Radeon HD 8250 GPU in my laptop. I've tried to look all over these forums and Google to try and find a kext for it. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction on where to get a kext that works with my GPU.

Thanks!

Nick

There are no ready-to-use kext for your graphics.

There is a guid how to do

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291117-how-to-make-radeon-desktop-or-mobility-be-working-by-using-clover/

That didn't seem to work. I replaced the device id in the 8000 series kext, but it doesn't seem to have any effect at all. The graphics are still glitchy, the resolution is still locked at 1024x768, and it still says I only have 3mb of graphics memory even though I have 512mb. Is there something I'm missing here?

You forgot to show boot.log from Clover.

I can't get clover to work properly on my computer. Whenever I try to install it as my bootloader, my computer says "Missing operating system" whenever I try to boot from my hard drive. There's nothing plugged into my computer's USB ports, and it doesn't have a CD drive. Is there a boot.log for chameleon? Chameleon works just fine on my computer.

I can't get clover to work properly on my computer. Whenever I try to install it as my bootloader, my computer says "Missing operating system" whenever I try to boot from my hard drive. There's nothing plugged into my computer's USB ports, and it doesn't have a CD drive. Is there a boot.log for chameleon? Chameleon works just fine on my computer.

Ok. Progress. I think... I reinstalled os x but this time tried with clover as the bootloader. It no longer says "Missing operating system" when I try to boot to my hard drive. That's good right? Right? Well, now It just goes to a black screen with a solid cursor in the corner (picture attached). Any help?

5cf9c313c97cba3c499ae1758d9961f8.jpg