Weird problem - Clover USB not recognized after installing Yosemite!

aYogi

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I followed this guide to install Yosemite on my custom built desktop, The system booted fine with clover and i was able to complete the installation of Yosemite on my hard disk (Formatted GPT). But here is where things begin to get strange, after the installation when it restarts, i got back to a screen saying no boot device found, the usb drive having clover was still attached to my machine!! I suspected if the clover installation somehow got corrupt so i recreated the usb, but the machine still fails to boot from the USB. I hit F12 during boot, i can see my usb drive but when i select it as a boot device i get the same no bootable image found message. Am i doing something wrong?

My configuration:

----------------

Gigabyte Z97-D3H

Intel 4690K

Corsair Vengeance 1600 8GB

Samsung 850 EVO 120GB

Other details:

-----------------

I used a sandisk usb 8GB flash drive

USB set up was done in a Mavericks Virtual Machine running under VMWare.

Connected my flash drive to the front usb 2 header on my cabinet.

Later tried booting with rear usb port (2.0) to no avail.

I did not select Legacy during Clover setup.

When i hit F12 i see two entries, One says Sandisk other one says Mac os X (I assume this is because of the two paritions that are created by clover and Yosemite installer).

I did not boot with any flags when i booted of the USB for the first time, Installation appeared to go smooth.

BIOS settings:

• Disabled VT-d
  • XHCI in Auto mode
  • Disable IGFX
  • Enable XHCI and EHCI handoff
  • Set SATA Configuration to AHCI
  • Set memory mode to Enhanced Stability

I managed to resolve this issue, the trouble was because CSM was enabled in my BIOS so it was not working in pure UFI mode. Once i disabled legacy boot, the system booted up.

However I still do not understand how the usb booted the first time though!!