DSDT for Dell Precision M4600

howoarang

56 posts in this topic

Hi, I've installed El Capitan 10.11 on my notebook Dell Precision M4600. I'm using DSDT.aml for this notebook downloaded from web. Sometimes I got KP, but if system can boot, many hardware works well except Bluetooth (Dell Bluetooth Module DW375).

But I spent many hours to patching my own DSDT.aml. I extracted it using Everest/Aida64 software via Windows and tried to apply some patches using MACIASL.

So if I use my own patched DSDT.aml, Bluetooth doesn't work. It is not recoignized.

So there are 3 compressed files:

1.) DSDT.aml downloaded from WEB, IOREG and screenshot of my system information of USB ports

2.) DSDT.aml my own patched, IOREG and screenshot of my system information of USB ports

3.) clear DSDT.aml extracted using Everest/Aida64 of my Dell Precision M4600

Could you help me with correct patching DSDT.aml?

Thanks

1. DSDT m4600 web.zip

2. DSDT m4600 my own patched.zip

3. DSDT clear.aml.zip

• Like 1

Hi, I've installed El Capitan 10.11 on my notebook Dell Precision M4600. I'm using DSDT.aml for this notebook downloaded from web. Sometimes I got KP, but if system can boot, many hardware works well except Bluetooth (Dell Bluetooth Module DW375).

But I spent many hours to patching my own DSDT.aml. I extracted it using Everest/Aida64 software via Windows and tried to apply some patches using MACIASL.

So if I use my own patched DSDT.aml, Bluetooth doesn't work. It is not recoignized.

So there are 3 compressed files:

1.) DSDT.aml downloaded from WEB, IOREG and screenshot of my system information of USB ports

2.) DSDT.aml my own patched, IOREG and screenshot of my system information of USB ports

3.) clear DSDT.aml extracted using Everest/Aida64 of my Dell Precision M4600

Could you help me with correct patching DSDT.aml?

Thanks

I have install Dell M4600 with AMD Firepro and working :)) .good job bro and bluetooth working oke .. no problems :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I am trying to get El Capitan on my M4600. It worked fine with Yosemite using Chameleon but am trying with Clover now.

How did you get the Nvidia Quadro 2000M to work. I just get black screen when I use the web driver.

Also if I boot using my usb disk i can load to the desktop with the nv_disable=1 boot arg, but when i boot using clover on the internal SSD I get a black screen even with the nv_disable=1 boot arg.

Finally what did you use to install El Capitan ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], Universal, Macpwn etc..)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've got El Capitan on my M4600 with your web DSDT, bluetooth is working fine, but my laptop has ati and i can't get it working properly (I deleted Nvidia definition from dsdt) but when i try to wake it from sleep the display doesn't wake, it just stays black without backlight. Do you have the same problem on Nvidia?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi kishine,

And thanks for your response.

This is DSDT and SSDT extracted with clover, but I've encountered recently another problem: laptop goes to sleep after 30sec-1min by itself even when auto sleep is off in preferences and sometimes on boot i get random kernel panics, often when the gpu is initialized.

If you need my basic specs:

CPU: Intel i7-2620M

RAM: 8GB (2x Samsung 4GB 1333Mhz)

GPU: AMD FirePro M5950

Wifi: Intel Pro Wireless 6300 (Probably will never work)

BT: Dell 375

origin.zip

Hi kishine,

And thanks for your response.

This is DSDT and SSDT extracted with clover, but I've encountered recently another problem: laptop goes to sleep after 30sec-1min by itself even when auto sleep is off in preferences and sometimes on boot i get random kernel panics, often when the gpu is initialized.

If you need my basic specs:

CPU: Intel i7-2620M

RAM: 8GB (2x Samsung 4GB 1333Mhz)

GPU: AMD FirePro M5950

Wifi: Intel Pro Wireless 6300 (Probably will never work)

BT: Dell 375

I think you have the same issue as this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307740-need-help-install-yosemite-on-dell-precision-m6600/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2201404

Can you try my suggestions on that thread? which are:

1 - Disable the following in BIOS:

Intel SpeedStep

C-States Control

Intel TurboBoost

Reason: The CPU gets too hot. It will shutdown by itself.

2. This is a BUG of all 6-series(SandyBridge) processor/[edit]motherboard. You cant RESTART OSX, only SHUTDOWN and SLEEP.

nvidia optimus will become disabled after restart x2.

and there is no available BIOS mod for m6600. Just live with it.

About the intermittent kernel panic, I need a detailed explanation (with screen shots if needed). I will look on your DSDT after that. 

kishine

Note:

I was able to make my Intel Pro Wireless 6300 working with DSDT fixed and/or Rehabman's kext; however, I replaced it with Broadcom and cant find my notes for it.

Also refer PJALM DSDT 6-series wifi patches. Sorry, I can't help you more on this wifi issue, as I just can't change my wifi this time - sometime on March will be the soonest.

I think you have the same issue as this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307740-need-help-install-yosemite-on-dell-precision-m6600/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2201404

Can you try my suggestions on that thread? which are:

1 - Disable the following in BIOS:

Intel SpeedStep

C-States Control

Intel TurboBoost

Reason: The CPU gets too hot. It will shutdown by itself.

2. This is a BUG of all 6-series(SandyBridge) processor/[edit]motherboard. You cant RESTART OSX, only SHUTDOWN and SLEEP.

nvidia optimus will become disabled after restart x2.

and there is no available BIOS mod for m6600. Just live with it.

About the intermittent kernel panic, I need a detailed explanation (with screen shots if needed). I will look on your DSDT after that. 

kishine

Note:

I was able to make my Intel Pro Wireless 6300 working with DSDT fixed and/or Rehabman's kext; however, I replaced it with Broadcom and cant find my notes for it.

Also refer PJALM DSDT 6-series wifi patches. Sorry, I can't help you more on this wifi issue, as I just can't change my wifi this time - sometime on March will be the soonest.

Hi kishine,

After disabling SpeedStep, C-States and TurboBoost my laptop still goes to sleep i tried rebooting it six times and only in 3 boots it didn't go to sleep.

About the kernel panic it panicked 2 times and one time it just rebooted itself without any panic on line "mcache: 4 CPU(s), 64 bytes CPU cache line size", I don't know why it says 4 CPUs because the cpu is only dual core.

Here are the photos of the two kernel panics (the first one is right after ethernet kext initialization, the second one is after installer_cleanup, I hope you'll be able to read something from the images because the quality is terrible):

EDIT:

I don't know if it helps you or not but after it tries going to sleep I can cancel it by touchpad or keyboard but then it says in notification no displays connected. (To get to the desktop I have to use clover's graphics enabler otherwise it doesn't initialize GPU at all)

EDIT 2:

If i boot it in safe mode the sleep works (it properly wakes up) but I think it's because the GPU kext isn't loaded. I tested it in safe mode 6 times and it didn't go to sleep by itself and there weren't any kernel panics.

A few thinks which doesn't work:

Lid (Probably because of DSDT for nvidia)

USB 3.0 (El Capitan lacks support for third party usb chips)

SD Card Reader

I haven't tested Smart Card because I don't have one, so I don't care about this one

It had problems with external displays, It would only work on one. (I tested only DVI and VGA(-x))

I can't set backlight of the display in os x only using arrows and fn (It's not a big problem)

The multitouch on touchpad (ALPS kext) is not working very well and it doesn't have three-finger gestures and I can't use the two-finger swipe in email

post-1577959-0-38308500-1452787450_thumb.jpg

post-1577959-0-30056400-1452787455_thumb.jpg

Hi Adam55,

I can't read the images. I think Clover has a way of saving screen shots - F10 or Ctrl+F10, but I have not tried it yet.

I will try to patch your DSDT/SSDT tonight, and will see what happen.

kishine

Note: about waking the laptop after auto-sleep via keyboard, yes, that happens. If CPU is hot, it will sleep; if CPU is at operating temp, laptop will wake-up via keyboard. It may have something to do with your SSDT. I will check on it tonight.

Hi Adam55,

I can't read the images. I think Clover has a way of saving screen shots - F10 or Ctrl+F10, but I have not tried it yet.

I will try to patch your DSDT/SSDT tonight, and will see what happen.

kishine

Note: about waking the laptop after auto-sleep via keyboard, yes, that happens. If CPU is hot, it will sleep; if CPU is at operating temp, laptop will wake-up via keyboard. It may have something to do with your SSDT. I will check on it tonight.

Thanks, I think these kernel panics are all connected to GPU, they don't happen in safe boot.

Unfortunately clover can only save screenshots from it's GUI

Does this mean your GPU, which I assume ATI/AMD, is not completely disabled?

When you go to Apple Menu -> System Report -> Graphics/Display, does it show both Intel and AMD GPU cards?I

I can't disable ati/amd, the only gpu which is shown is the AMD Radeon HD 6770m, there's no Intel. I also can't enable Intel GPU in BIOS and it isn't also working on windows.

I see, I have to go somewhere soon, but I would like to gather more information about ATI as I have only NVidia, and I would like to help you on this. 

You said:

- In windows, IGPU is not working? I think you need to install .net framework 4.2 and then install the IGPU driver. This works on nVidia, can you tell me if this is the not case in your machine?

- Also you said, The Optimus options in BIOS does not work when you turn it on. I my case, if I disable my Optimus flag in BIOS, Yosemite will boot properly, but it will not display anything on the screen. It displays it somewhere else. What happen when you do this?

ok, will talk later.

kishine.

I see, I have to go somewhere soon, but I would like to gather more information about ATI as I have only NVidia, and I would like to help you on this. 

You said:

- In windows, IGPU is not working? I think you need to install .net framework 4.2 and then install the IGPU driver. This works on nVidia, can you tell me if this is the not case in your machine?

- Also you said, The Optimus options in BIOS does not work when you turn it on. I my case, if I disable my Optimus flag in BIOS, Yosemite will boot properly, but it will not display anything on the screen. It displays it somewhere else. What happen when you do this?

ok, will talk later.

kishine.

On Windows when I try install IGPU driver there's an error There isn't any device supported by this driver on your computer or something like that.

In BIOS I don't have Optimus option, Optimus is Nvidia technology and it isn't supported on AMD cards. I assume dell somehow hardwired the AMD card and permanently disabled the IGPU, the same is done on Nvidia Cards with IPS display.

• Like 1

Hi Adam55,

Attached is your patched DSDT.

- I did not disable the discrete GPU as there is no _OFF method on the GPU. 

- Fixed your SSDT-1 for errors.

you still need to patched the DSDT/SSDT for CPU management by following the instruction on the link below:

Also:

- make sure Drop OEM SSDT is checked in the Clover Configuration (config.plist).

- you may need to play with your Clover config.plist for ATI/AMD setting. re: don't have AMD Graphics card for me to know the proper setting.

Your laptop seems to be special, if the discrete GPU works. In my laptop, I can only use IGPU. 

Hence, it would be nice to have your laptop going.

For your USB to work properly in El Capitan, you may need to patch your DSDT or do the Clover USB Patch; the instructions are somewhere here, just look it up.

However,  let's have your laptop run stable for now.

kishine

patched.zip

Hi Adam55,

Attached is your patched DSDT.

- I did not disable the discrete GPU as there is no _OFF method on the GPU. 

- Fixed your SSDT-1 for errors.

you still need to patched the DSDT/SSDT for CPU management by following the instruction on the link below:

Also:

- make sure Drop OEM SSDT is checked in the Clover Configuration (config.plist).

- you may need to play with your Clover config.plist for ATI/AMD setting. re: don't have AMD Graphics card for me to know the proper setting.

Your laptop seems to be special, if the discrete GPU works. In my laptop, I can only use IGPU. 

Hence, it would be nice to have your laptop going.

For your USB to work properly in El Capitan, you may need to patch your DSDT or do the Clover USB Patch; the instructions are somewhere here, just look it up.

However,  let's have your laptop run stable for now.

kishine

Hi kishine,

Thanks for the patch.

I tried booting with the DSDT you patched and the only difference I can see is the bluetooth is not working. Sleeps also occur and the display stays black just like before.

When I booted in verbose I saw the CPU and Chipset Initialization but it doesn't make a difference.

About the GPU, when I boot without any injections in clover the display at the moment when GPU initializes turns black with backlight and after 10 sec reboots. When I try this in safe mode the laptop doesn't reboot.

To get the GPU display to the screen I have to use the Clover's GPU Injection flag, Clover automatically detects it as AMD Radeon HD 6770M (actually it's ATI FirePro M5950) and uses Cattail Frame buffer Config.

After booting it with injection in Graphics I see this:

(I think you can use your Nvidia in the same way)

Note:

I weren't able to inject the GPU using Chameleon it only works with Clover

post-1577959-0-52849200-1452868835_thumb.png

Hi Adam55,

2 thing:

1. For testing purposes, can you install HWMonitor to see if CPU or GPU gets critically hot before sudden sleep? Can you post your patched DSDT/SSDT here?

2. google "PBI Clover". Some of HP Probook with GPU like yours got El Capitan/Yosemite working. Just dig deep in those google search results.

talk to you later.

kishine

Hi Adam55,

2 thing:

1. For testing purposes, can you install HWMonitor to see if CPU or GPU gets critically hot before sudden sleep? Can you post your patched DSDT/SSDT here?

2. google "PBI Clover". Some of HP Probook with GPU like yours got El Capitan/Yosemite working. Just dig deep in those google search results.

talk to you later.

kishine

Hi kishine,

I tried booting my laptop with clover option 'without caches and without injected kexts' and without graphics injector as suggested on one of the PBI posts and I got to this screen:

My screen flashed white on line "** GPU Hardware VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disables, non-continuos VRAM: disabled)" when I try only without caches and graphics injector it goes the same as with caches (black backlight).

I'll try patches from the PBI and I'll post the results.

The temps from HWMonitor (Average 70ºC):

EDIT: PBI is protected from using it on non HP machine. Strangely the sleeps aren't as common as they were, I don't know why.

EDIT 2:

After Installing HWMonitor I rebooted my laptop 5 or 6 times and I haven't experienced any auto-sleeps.

I patched the SSDT for Power Management as you posted. Here are screenshots after reboot:

And here's the DSDT&SSDT after PM patching:

post-1577959-0-21229900-1452881627_thumb.jpg

post-1577959-0-58855200-1452882967_thumb.png

post-1577959-0-45859500-1452882969_thumb.png

post-1577959-0-49405400-1452886961_thumb.png

post-1577959-0-18705300-1452886973_thumb.png

patched.zip

Hi Adam55,

How is your testing?

The CPU and GPU temps looks normal, which is good.

The boot-up error is related to your kernel cache. To avoid this issue, run the following whenever you install kext or touch some cache files:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a x86_64 -z -v 2

sudo kextcache -system-caches -v 2

Also, the above commands loads the OS faster.

The reason I ask to check on PBI Clover is for your GPU. I though, you may have a GPU framebuffer issue or EDID issue, that you may fix by comparing it to those of HP/ATI laptop. 

Normally, only compiled DSDT/SSDT (.aml) should reside on the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Why don't you try and tell us what happen.

kishine

Hi Adam55,

How is your testing?

The CPU and GPU temps looks normal, which is good.

The boot-up error is related to your kernel cache. To avoid this issue, run the following whenever you install kext or touch some cache files:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel -a x86_64 -z -v 2

sudo kextcache -system-caches -v 2

Also, the above commands loads the OS faster.

The reason I ask to check on PBI Clover is for your GPU. I though, you may have a GPU framebuffer issue or EDID issue, that you may fix by comparing it to those of HP/ATI laptop. 

Normally, only compiled DSDT/SSDT (.aml) should reside on the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Why don't you try and tell us what happen.

kishine

Hi kishine,

The good news is my laptop doesn't go to sleep by itself. The bad news I still get kernel panics, I didn't take a picture of the ones I encountered today but some of them were related to VoodooHDA.

About the PBI I tried extracting the scripts from the package and I got some DSDT patching file (I think there may be AMD patch but I tried searching it and I didn't find anything) also I saw the config file was generated after running the PBI but there weren't any differences in GPU section in my config. I tried using different Frame Buffer Configs but the Cattail is the only one that works.

I think EDID is well injected because I can see this display and when I change the brightness OS X detects the change however I can't change it using OS X only the dell's fn and arrows work.

And this is the DSDT patch from PBI.

EDIT:

I can't boot my laptop without NullCpuPowerManagemnet, it panics on ApplePM or if I apply patch in Clover it can't Initialize GPU (hangs on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport) 

EDIT 2:

I recently got kernel panic related to IOHID.

EDIT 3:

Here's the VoodooHDA panic:

6x60_AMD.txt

post-1577959-0-16934200-1452939230_thumb.png

post-1577959-0-25291300-1452948268_thumb.jpg

Hi Adam55,

Let us fix your laptop one step at a time.

Just install kext for keyboard and proper fakesmc, or whichever is needed to install 'basic' OS X.

Then, play with Clover confit.plist to fix your nullcpuacp...

I think, it is related to ASUSACPI...flag, it must be checked,

The rest you must play around with the Clover config.plist .

I my case, I tried to install kext those two kext and ensure the machine is enough that '" most of the Clover options are off/not checked"

Once machine is stable enough, then add kext one at a time, and direct your QA to the dev of the Kext, to improve it.

For pbi, you need the config.plist, maybe, not the patched script for dsdt or Ssdt.

Talk to you later.

Have fun testing.

Hi kishine,
I already installed keyboard kext - VoodooPS2Controller, I updated FakeSMC while I was installing HWMonitor I think it solved the auto sleep.
About the AsusAcpi... flag I tried checking it and it hangs on Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.
About the PBI I looked on some probooks installation guides and they all've been saying that M5950/6770M has issues when going to sleep or waking from sleep in El Capitan.
From what I can tell laptop works stable now except kernel panics on boot related to VoodooHDA or IOHID... I think I should try use different kexts for audio and keyboard/touchpad. Do you recommend any?

Hi Adam55,

Right now, auto-sleep is fixed.

To get the right kext for your laptop, you need to know your hardware info. Use DPCIManager.app (google it).

if  you hardware info(sound card) is this (0x80861C20, 0x102804A4, 0x111D76E7, 0x0102, IDT 92HD90BXX). Try to use the kext on this link:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307740-need-help-install-yosemite-on-dell-precision-m6600/?p=2189333

For the keyboard, try this:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307740-need-help-install-yosemite-on-dell-precision-m6600/?p=2188811

for resources:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/tags/forums/M4600/

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/6536-hp-elitebook-8560w-with-i7-2630qm-nvidia-quadro-1000m-and-1920x1080-lcd-mavericks/

some of the kext maybe for maverick, but there is no harm testing it.

cheers

kishine