(Success) 10.11 on Asus R4E - i7 4930K - GTX 770 (Clover, without USB installer)

MeuPRodrigo

2 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

So I had my hackintosh runing Yosemite since a wonderful member of this community helped me figure out why my system wasn't working.

After the release of 10.11 El Capitan, I really wanted to be able to install it.

I spent two days trying to create USB installer, but never could boot on it (probably because of the changes Apple made to the USB configuration in 10.11).

After getting tired of not being able to boot the installer, I found a post by chris1111 (more info here) that speaks about El Capitan HD which installs an installed copy of El Capitan on a hard drive. So this method allows you to skip the step of creating the USB installer, booting on it and installing the system.

With this method it was really easy to get to the install screen.

• I made two partitions, one HFS+ for Apple system, and a small FAT32 one that was created to host Clover EFI.
  • After installing the system on HFS+ partition (the app makes it all) I used Clover to install bootloader on FAT32 partition.

PS : I used El Capitan HD app on a real mac that has been updated to El Capitan. I think that the app doesn't work on Yosemite.

After install, I reboot and was in front of the "account configuration screen" (where it asks you for your name and password).

• I was able to boot with bootflags = -v rootless=1 nv_disable=1 (because Nvidia Web Drivers weren't installed, but normally with GTX 770 I don't need them)

But there was an unfortunately problem : I had no working USB ports so I could'nt set my username or password, because no mouse or keyboard worked.

I rebooted on Yosemite and tried to fix my El Capitan from it.

• So I modified a bit my config.plist file and ued iMac 15,1 SMBIOS and applied a fix that I found here that was made to fix usb.

After reboot I was finally in my system, I was able to install Intel1000 kext for ethernet and ALC 898 for sound.

Unfortunately my DSDT was made by myself and I didn't understand nothing while creating it.

So Xeon3D gave me a big help making my config and DSDT clean and adapted to my hardware. (thank you very much again, my friend)

If one day I understand what Xeon3D made to my files I will try to explain it. I finally think that being able to install El Capitan directly to a hard drive is kind of useful :)

EDIT : USB 3.0 ASMEDIA not working, so until there is a way, i bought an "Sonnet Allegro USB 3.0 PCIe Card 4 ports Mac/Win"

• 1 month later...