Yosemite "Zone" AMD Hackintosh Only Boots in Safe Mode

vurezo

5 posts in this topic

Yosemite "Zone" AMD Hackintosh Only Boots in Safe Mode

Hey, I finally managed to install OS X Yosemite on my PC by using the bootflags (npci=0x2000 -x).

Whenever I try to boot without using the -x bootflag I end up at a white screen which then plays of a fuzzing noise, influenced by my microphone, one time it directly played the sound that the microphone picked up.

It gives me the white screen regardless if I use verbose mode or not. Please help!

System specifications (I used a program called Speccy to get these):

CPU

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 39 °C
   Thuban 45nm Technology
  RAM
   8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
  Motherboard
   ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) 30 °C
  Graphics
   BenQ XL2720Z (1920x1080@144Hz)
   SONY TV (1360x768@60Hz)
   2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6970 (ATI AIB) 70 °C x2 (I have two of these cards running in Crossfire)
  Storage
   1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2002FAEX-007BA0 ATA Device (SATA) 33 °C
  Optical Drives
   ATAPI iHOS104 ATA Device
  "Sound"
   Realtek High Definition “Sound"

I reinstalled quite a few times, and all the times before this time, it would load about 25% then show a discolored stop sign. But yeah, now it is only giving me the white screen. :/

But I was told in chat to repost it here, so if there's any confusion as to why, then here's your answer.
  • Like 1

Try onhooking one of your video cards of disabling crossfire.

And also look here http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/55844-amd-radeon-hd-6970-working-os-x-2.html and use these https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0fPTytjLtnzWHVTeS1TTTMzRUE/edit?pli=1 .

And before anyone gets on my back about posting links to tonymuck that info seamed good so I linked to it, simple.

P.S. Look at page 1 on the first link to see where you need to put the files.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have exactly the same CPU and GPU as him and i have exactly the same problem, didn't find a solution yet :(

The only way i can boot into Yosemite is if i use -x (safe mode), otherwise i get stuck in a white screen, the bar starts to fill till about 1/3 then the screen just gets white and it stays that way, even if i use the -v it gets on the white screen and i cant see where it stops, when i use the -x the white screen does appear but it is so fast its like a flash then i get to the login/password screen.

• 8 months later...