ATI ES1000 / 10.8.5

agatek

1 post in this topic

I have the said card built-in to a Dell PowerEgde 1950 server. After many problems I managed to install Niresh 10.8.5 distro on a SATA attached hdd and it was accessed (booted) via the said Niresh Clover bootable installation thumbdrive. To boot the distro I needed to boot to the thumbdrive and then boot from it the right SATA hdd partition firstly booting an efi option (for some reason) that shortly returned to the Clover menu, and later the standard (legacy?) option that loaded the OS X as it should.

I cloned that partition to another hdd, SAS, that is hooked up to the main PE1950 controller (PERC5/i). I have no problem to boot it directly using Grub2 (bootloader native to Linux) but it seems the ati card is no longer recognized properly. OS X sees only 1MB (out of 16) and the best and only resolution I can get is 640x480.

I would greatly appreciate if somebody could try to elaborate on what might have happened. I suspect this may be related the bootloader (Clover) passing some extra arguments to the kernel but as I am not very familiar with OS X, I am not sure where to start from and what should I check and later fix.