First Impression - Z77X-UD3H - Yosemite Build 10.10.1

NetBladeZ

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Been awhile since I last post up anything. 

My Rig:

Mobo: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 Firmware F18 16GB RAM

CPU : i7 3770K

RAM : G.Skill 8GB x 2

Storage : Hitachi harddrives (1x 4TB 1x 1TB 1x 2TB) 

I have just finalised my installation of Yosemite 

1. via Chameleon BootLoader.

2. Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to setup basic drivers.

3. Installed nVidia WEB drivers for my Nvidia 980GTX

4. Edited mt DSDT and SSDT via MaciASL via tips posted by PimentelX86

3. Removed fakesmc and NullCPUPowermanagement kext files to be as vanilla as possible.

4. Added DropSSDT with YES to startup.

4. Added -xcpm to my startup

What works:

Pretty much everything :

1. Graphics - I believe my card isn't running at its best but its fast enough for my work and games for sure.

2. CPU performance - its snappy but I believe I need to seek some advice from you guys to get the CPU to

work at its best. I am using a G19 Keyboard with the display, when I run my benchmarks or do any 3D     rendering, its  like on 90% on max. Not at 100%

3. Audio works well after installing the latest VoodooHDA 2.87 don't need to even adjust anything from info.plist!

4. USB 3.0 works Natively, don't need any special kexts.

5. Internal Network Card Works  

What doesn't:

1. Sleep. It does not sleep, i can hear the hard drives park, but thats it. It can shut down, but takes quite a while to do so.

2. CUDA for nVidia does not seem to register, then again, web drivers and technically GTX980 does not exist to real macs(yet)

Anyone with success with the sleep functionality for this board?

Kind regards,

BladeZ

Chimera is {censored}. Do not use Chimera or any stupid xBeast! Use Clover instead!  No need for any xBeast and comp runs smoothly without complicated hacking.

I need to get back into the feel of things, I agree, personally I never liked Chimera and such. I tried to use clover recently but failed miserably to get it up.  Would you be so kind as to rescue me from this chimera curse and join the light side to use Clover?

Clover is a bit tricky to configure at first sight. But once done correctly, runs smoothly and no complicated patching needed.

When you create usb boot installer, you need on good clean configuration file and proper embedded drivers. 

Have you checked this thread?

Clover is a bit tricky to configure at first sight. But once done correctly, runs smoothly and no complicated patching needed.

When you create usb boot installer, you need on good clean configuration file and proper embedded drivers. 

Have you checked this thread?

I actually have it printed and blinded into a beautiful book. Somehow, I can't even get the boot usb to boot. I'll try again on a fresh hard disk.. thanks m8.. hope to chat with you one day.. cheers!

I actually have it printed and blinded into a beautiful book. Somehow, I can't even get the boot usb to boot. I'll try again on a fresh hard disk.. thanks m8.. hope to chat with you one day.. cheers!

According to your usage of language, you aren't familiar with computing technology. There are several reason why machine wouldn't boot from USB :D What

s the exact reason why yours wouldn't? Whats an error yo get?

According to your usage of language, you aren't familiar with computing technology. There are several reason why machine wouldn't boot from USB :D What

s the exact reason why yours wouldn't? Whats an error yo get?

Haha fixed it. Now I simply just need to familiarise myself with clover. I am now running on Clover :) My rig still wouldn't sleep and the benchmarks are lower than before.  

Ow yeah, regarding the USB and the booting issue, i found out that out of my many thumb drives, some simply won't work as a bootable device. Managed to find one that actually works :)

Haha fixed it. Now I simply just need to familiarise myself with clover. I am now running on Clover :) My rig still wouldn't sleep and the benchmarks are lower than before.  

Some sort of misconfiguration probably. There are million things which you might have made invalid, which causes various issues. Digg deep into docs to see what changes you need for your system. Some comps require a lot of ACPI patching settings, some none of them. 

Some sort of misconfiguration probably. There are million things which you might have made invalid, which causes various issues. Digg deep into docs to see what changes you need for your system. Some comps require a lot of ACPI patching settings, some none of them. 

Well, this is what I did:

STEP 1

A. 1. Formatted my 4TB Hard Drive

- Partition, GUID, Mac Extended. Named It OSX.

STEP 2

A. 1. Downloaded Clover Clover_v2k_r3050

2. Launched The Installer

3. Set Install Path to to OSX

4. Used UEFI booting only 

5. Install Clover in the ESP

6. Drivers64UEFI

- EmuVariableUefi-64 Checked

- OsxAptioFixDrv-64 Checked

B. 1. After the install, the EFI Volume appears on desktop.

​     2. I went into EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.10/

3. I copied the following kexts into the 10.10 folder (just to ensure it boots well for installation)

- FakeSMC.kext

- lspcidrv.kext

- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

C. Created the Yosemite Installer USB  ( this one is pretty common )

D. Set my Z77X-UD3H to only boot UEFI and specifically to boot from my 4TB HDD

E. Boot up via the HDD, but boot the USB Installer instead

- Did the setup

- Booted up with npc=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 

Works for my Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.0 perfectly(well almost)

Audio is now on VoodooHDA .. will find a way to work around it.

USB 3.0, I still need to run the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but no big deal.. :)

It sleeps, wake by pressing power button.  

Geek bench now shows Single Core: 4203 Multi-Core 14904