Sleep Issue - AppleUSBEHCI & AppleUSBUHCI Ownership

aphioner

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys. Last day I was able to enable sleep but USB didn't work when I put my PC to sleep. The patchs that I used were EHCI sleep, EHCI, ICH9 USB Sleep and SBus form olarila.com. I got a P8700 CPU and ICH9 motherboard.

With my normal DSDT, I get the following error:

pmset -g assertions
Kernel Assertions: 0x4=USB
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1.11.2014 08:16 description=EHC2 owner=AppleUSBEHCI
   id=504  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1.11.2014 08:19 description=UHC0 owner=AppleUSBUHCI
   id=506  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1.11.2014 08:19 description=UHC1 owner=AppleUSBUHCI

Please help me to patch my DSDT.

dsdt.aml.zip

I'm no expert in this topic but there's too little information in your post, why don't you create a full DarwinDumper report so we can see a bit more about your system?

And I believe you're not allowed to offer money here, but you can donate it to the forum if you want. 

Finally, I nailed it... But since everybody ignored my problem, I won't share the solution. F*** you all you f****** n******!

I don't think that it the right way to participate or to talk here or in a free forum where kind people help each other.  You should wait as we all do till there is a good answer, a solution that has been tested to avoid problems. This is just my opinion of course.

Nobody even tried to help but I f****** will.

After making an intensive search on kernel assertion issue, here is what I have come up with:

1-Install SleepWatcher.
2-Define the kext/kexts and/or software which is/are keeping your hack awake.
3-Download the file in this post.
4-Extract the file that you downloaded and modify these 2 files included.
5-Copy and paste them to /private/etc folder.

You'll have 2 files: rc.sleep and rc.wake
SleepWatcher runs rc.sleep when your hack goes to sleep. The same goes with the other file. Instead, it is run when your hack wakes from sleep.

In my case AppleUSBEHCI and AppleUSBUHCI are the problematic kexts. And what I'm doing is simply unloading them before my hack goes to sleep and loading them after my hack wakes. Simple as taking a shi*.

rc.zip