Monitors not recognized on second graphics card

brycerocky

3 posts in this topic

I'm running 3 monitors (UP2414Q x 2, U2713HM)  across 2 graphics cards (GTX 660 Ti, GTX 760) under a pretty vanilla clover installation (UEFI, no dsdt, iMac14,2 profile) of 10.10.  What I'm noticing is while both graphics cards are recognized by the system, only one of them loads their monitors.  Most of the time its the primary card, but sometimes the other will load instead on boot.  Is there a configuration that either limits the number of monitors that can be used or a setting to allow all cards to have displays? Thanks!

Hello. I am having a very similar issue. I am running a 3770k on a MSI z77 Mpower board, with 2 GTX 660 TI SLI cards (bridge installed). I have Chameleon Enoch, and Yosemite 10.10. I am able to boot and get speedstep, everything works great, however OS X only can send signal to one video card at a time. I see both listed in System Profiler, however after booting, only one will be available. The real kicker, however is that I never know which card will be initialized at boot, so I cannot even use the system, not knowing which card to connect my monitors too as it always changes!

I am running this setup DSDT free with a patched bios (as it should be compatible), but I have tried running a DSDT and injecting both cards using rampagedev's guide. Still no luck.

Anyone have any insight? If I could even make it so that the system boots to one card consistently I would be able to use the machine,  however I can't even do that as it has a mind of it's own as to which card it will boot to.

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Okay. So I believe I have somewhat solved this problem. It seems that your smbios.plist must be set to Mac Pro in order to receive support for two video cards. At least this holds true in Chameleon. With clover, I am not sure. I set my smbios.plist to Mac Pro 3,1 and now can utilize both cards and all ports, and it consistently holds graphics config to one card. Only downside I have now is that because I use Mac Pro 3,1 my ivy bridge processor doesn't have any sort of speedstepping going on. Unless someone else knows of a way to speedstep my processor with this smbios. 

Hopefully this will at least shed some light on the problem for someone else.