Yosemite 10.10 - Clover - iMessage

shnabz

9 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Yosemite 10.10, using Clover, booting from EFI (if thats the correct terminology). I normally learn how to do things from guides, but because Yosemite is quite new, I can't find any guides that show how to get iMessage working. Everyone seems to have upgraded from a previous install. From what I gather, it involves a genuine Mac serial, modifying ROM and MLB values in the plist with Clover Configurator. But I don't really know what i'm supposed to be doing. Can anyone offer an explanation or guide? Thanks.

• Like 1

No, using actual Apple hardware values is one way to do it, but it isn't necessary and can cause possible issues due to mis-matched values with the hardware you're presenting via smbios.

You can have Clover generate the values automatically and assign them on boot, Clover Configurator's panes for RT Variables and SMBIOS are where you want to go.

Okay so I used clover's magic wand in SMBIOS, all the details (apart from Board Serial Number, Board Version, and SmUUID) are filled, Rt Variables generated ROM & MLB, which I checked using iMessage_debug. I tried signing in using a different appleID and the same error message came up asking me to contact support with a different code.

The problem for me is a little different, i am using clover as a bootloader, using a geniuine Apple serial and ROM MLB set with clover configurator.  I can connect into imessage and facetime, but all contact are in red (saying the contact is not registred). 

My contact from his side using an apple product, can send me and it says delivered but i don't receive anything.

Any idea?

The problem for me is a little different, i am using clover as a bootloader, using a geniuine Apple serial and ROM MLB set with clover configurator.  I can connect into imessage and facetime, but all contact are in red (saying the contact is not registred). 

My contact from his side using an apple product, can send me and it says delivered but i don't receive anything.

Any idea?

It means you still haven't sign in iMessage. Try sign in again and see if any error prompts.

UPDATE:

I generated an SmUUID (even though I didn't have SID Bug), then restarted, then the ROM values were changed by clover config, then I used my S/N for the MLB and made up the remaining characters.

I then rang Apple, he said he knew how to fix it because it was the same as his previous call lol! He said "try it now" and it worked instantly.