Battery detection & Turn off bluetooth

ggzz

2 posts in this topic

I installed Mavericks 10.9.5 a couple days ago on an Asus S56CM with a K56CM motherboard and an Atheros AR5B195 (AR9285) with an i7-3517U. It's installed on an external HDD.

I patched my DSDT to get Audio working and Mirone patched my AppleHDA. I patched Wifi to get it working and generated SSDT to get power management working. I did the ACPIPUM following: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295587-power-management-for-sandyivy-bridgehaswell-cpus/

And it works now without NullCPU stuff.

So I decided to get Bluetooth working and installed IOAth3kfrmwr.kext by Rehabman and bluetooth works fine. However, I cannot turn it off! The options to turn it off is completely greyed out.

Also, there's no battery in the menu bar. To solve the battery problem, I installed AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext but when I boot, it causes a kernel panic. So I booted with -v -f and it boots perfectly fine. Battery shows up.. Everything works. If I remove the "-f" flag, it kernel panics again.. I cannot boot without -f and this kext installed so I had to remove the kext to boot without -f.

Before removing it, I tried running sudo touch on the /S/L/E folder. After that I had ran Kext Utility to update the cache. I had originally installed it with Kext Utility. However, it still crashes if I don't use -f.

When I boot back into windows, my clock time is completely screwed up.

Any ideas how I can turn off bluetooth and fix the battery?

• 3 weeks later...

You can't turn off bluetooth. This is how apple drivers work so your only option is Fn+F2 for some Asus laptops if you use EMlyDinEsH's AsusNBFnkeys kext I think. You didn't patch your DSDT for battery support! Maybe that's why it's screwed up and gives kernel panic. I have Asus K56CA and I had to patch my DSDT for battery!