Installing Snow Leopard to Vortex IV Laptop

visedgrunt

6 posts in this topic

Hi i'm trying to install Snow Leopard to my Vortex IV laptop but i have had no success. before the apple logo appears all i see is a black screen(kernel panic with OSX86 ModCD) and i have tried with boot flags -v, -x, GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1 & 0

but none of these seem to work i have tried using the following boot loaders:

Clover

Chameleon( i found an iso image)

OSX86 ModCD

p0UlKrs.jpg

My System Specs:

Chassis & Display    Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)    Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-4210M (2.60GHz) 3MB
Memory (RAM)    8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X IMPACT 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (1 x 8GB)
Graphics Card    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 870M - 6.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - Hard Disk    1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
2nd Hard Disk    1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive    8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader    Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)
Thermal Paste    STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card    Intel 5.1 Channel High Definition Audio + SPDIF/MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless    GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® N-135 802.11N (150Mbps) + BLUETOOTH
USB Options    3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT AS STANDARD
Firewire    1 X 1394a FIREWIRE PORT
Battery    Vortex Series 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (5,200 mAh/76.96WH)
Power Lead & Adaptor    1 x UK Power Lead & 230W AC Adaptor
Keyboard Language    INTEGRATED BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Notebook Mouse    INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam    INTEGRATED 2.0 MEGAPIXEL WEBCAM

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? ARE YOU MAD? i5 HASWELL + SL = NONSENSE! Use that modcd and SL on virtualbox/vmware, and updrade it to mavericks, then make your Installer with UEFI from here, and USE THAT GUIDE FROM HEAD TO TOE! 

ALL IN ONE GUIDES FOR HACKINTOSH

^*click*^

I have setup a new virtual machine to load the modcd but how do i get it to detect the snow leopard disc?

Nevermind i got it to detect the disc but i still get kernel panic like before.

Eject the mod CD (keep the virtual machine on) and plug the SL disk, hit F5 it should be shown and Install it, and if you get a KP at the end of the installation just ignore it, and reboot (the VM obviously) and then put back the ModCD and boot SL, you may try to change the VM mode to EFI, and after that Install Chameleon (look in our Download secction for the latest version of chameleon or enoch) and then copy NullCPU into /Extra/Extensions and boot back without modCD. Upgrade your machine to Mavericks (using the EFI VM mode or it wont upgrade!) and then boot back to non EFI mode to start Mavericks when it's installed.

if you wanna know what's EFI VM mode google that: "Change VM to EFI mode VirtualBox"

Eject the mod CD (keep the virtual machine on) and plug the SL disk, hit F5 it should be shown and Install it, and if you get a KP at the end of the installation just ignore it, and reboot (the VM obviously) and then put back the ModCD and boot SL, you may try to change the VM mode to EFI, and after that Install Chameleon (look in our Download secction for the latest version of chameleon or enoch) and then copy NullCPU into /Extra/Extensions and boot back without modCD. Upgrade your machine to Mavericks (using the EFI VM mode or it wont upgrade!) and then boot back to non EFI mode to start Mavericks when it's installed.

if you wanna know what's EFI VM mode google that: "Change VM to EFI mode VirtualBox"

I'm not able to install chameleon if i can't even install mac as i get kernel panic before i reach the mac installation screen.

Thanks for your help so far.

I found a youtube video to help me install mavericks to virtual machine and i am on the installation screen and installing at this moment i need to open cmd and use this command

VBoxManage modifyvm "vmname" --cpuidset 00000001 000306a9 00020800 80000201 178bfbff

So i will update when i have installed it.

Mavericks is now installed and i'm downloading mavericks from the app store to create the bootable USB.