built in GPU on Optiplex 755

Tmarkr

69 posts in this topic

just haven't put the money into it, I already had the SL disc and just want to get this working properly befgore I go too much further.  Are there guides for the upgrade to ML??

You need your Snow leo bootable for Create boot drive Os x  Mountain Lion 

Post picture of the screen on  boot -v 

You can using the Nacom bootCD to boot on your HDD 

yes I am up and running on the Dell, running 10.6.8 using Chameleon v2.2svn r2377, successfully

still can't seem to get OSX86Tools to work to create an EFI string, I still get an error message

OK Good  :)  Now do you whant to create boot drive os x 10,8,3 ?

That would be great....  step by step instructions would be great, although I only have a 250gb hd in right now and if I get everything figured out I want to put in a more substantial drive

and thank you very much  chris1111, you've been very patient and a big help

That would be great....  step by step instructions would be great, although I only have a 250gb hd in right now and if I get everything figured out I want to put in a more substantial drive

and thank you very much  chris1111, you've been very patient and a big help

Ok first off all you need to download   OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3

I have create installer for Mountain Lion And I have the full Package post Install for your Pc because

Two years a go I Have this PC and I buy  :lol:

I guess my system didn't like Chameleon r2377 either... When I went to boot up this morning I got kernal panic again, sooooo I got to spend the morning reloading OSX again.  Still can't figure out why I can't attach photos to my posts.

nVidia GeForce 210 is definitely supported OOB under SL 10.6.8. However, you may have to do some adjustments to your DSDT depending on the default value of your PCI root. On some Dell desktops, it's not always 0 or 1 (eg: PCI root set to 4 on some Precision systems). Try and post us an extracted raw DSDT + an extracted raw IOReg, both you'd normally obtain upon a successfull boot without any patched DSDT file. Other than that, all you should need for full graphics support is Chameleon boot option GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Chameleon v2.2 r2377 works without issues with SL 10.6.8 too, I use it on several of my Hackintoshes that still run SL.

Nawcom ModCD should also work Ok, but I think it installs Nawcom's AMD kernel by default as opposed to the vanilla mach kernel that your Intel-based Optiplex should run without problems. The thing with Nawcom's AMD kernels is that they have to be updated after each SL update to keep in line with the OS versions. If memory serves me right the last ModCD comes with Nawcom's kernel 10.4.0 (Ok to install retail 10.6.3) but you need to update this to kernel 10.8.0 v2 once you update to SL 10.6.8. Otherwise, you'll experience KP. In your case, you may find that a myHack full vanilla installation is a better method.

I've been wondering about the DSDT, but I didn't know if I wanted to dive into that madness.  during the Nawcom install there is an option for vanilla kernal, but I don't know that much about it or even how to use it.  I will look into the Myhack install

Thank you

tried the Myhack install with no success, all I got was a black screen with a blinking cursor in the top left of the screen.  I saw posts referring to the fact that v3.3.1 doesn't work with SL and I can't find an older version

Black screen probably means incorrect PCI root value with a G210. That's what I had initially with my 9800GT. Try with values PCI root set 1, 2, 3 or 4 (i.e. boot with Chameleon option PciRoot=<1|2|3|4>). Or try and boot in safe mode and extract a raw DSDT with Chameleon Wizard so that we patch it.

Alternatively, you may want to try Natit as an injector (does more or less same as a DSDT patch, but often less precise).

Re: myHack, you should be sorted now...

yes, sorted thank you again

now... no audio, no ethernet

can I take the S/L/E from the Nawcom install and copy it over to the Myhack S/L/E?? the audio and ethernet work right off the bat.  I guess during the MyHack install it does ask if I ant to use my own E/E folder, how would I do that during install

can I use Chameleon Wizard to get ethernet and audio working??

I did check to see if GraphicEnabler=yes, but still no better on the graphics situation

I unfortunately haven't gotten back to myhack, I had to go back to Nawcom, my imac is down and this is my only connection to the internet right now, other than my ipod (ouch on the eyes).  I'm collecting data ahead of time to try to be prepared.

is the "myfix" installed in the system when I install or is that something else I need to install after the fact??

as I mentioned before... would Chameleon wizard help with any of this??

I will try to post back when I get there

thank you

So you got past Black Screen? Which option/value sorted it out?

It's not a very good idea to copy the /S/L/E folder from Nawcom to replace your full vanilla one. It's no method but more like throwing dozens of golf balls at the green, hoping that one will make it to the hole!

It's much better to identify your hardware and place the appropriate kexts to /E/E, then run my fix (quick). This way, you're not just leaving /S/L/E folder vanilla, you're also protecting yourself from kexts overwrite at a future OS update (where kexts in /S/L/E will be replaced but kexts in /E/E and /S/L/E/myHack.kext won't!) and maximising chances to retain a working Hackintosh after any OS X update...

Audio should work with VoodooHDA+AppleHDADisabler kexts.

Post us the output of Terminal command lspci -nn (needs lspcidrv.kext in /E/E - normally installed by myHack) to identify your LAN & audio hardware.

as far as the ethernet, I have the vendor and device id's, is that what you are after?? I even know what particular kext is being used right now

ven_0x8086

dev_0x1028

AppleIntelE1000e.kext

do I just need to find a copy of this and install with Kext Wizard

Installed using myhack, audio working and Ethernet working, Internet not working? I have Uverse and I can access my router, using an IP address but I am not able to browse or search for some reason and neither network diagnostic on safari or in the system prefs are able to fix. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I'm still not getting full use of my graphics card, Graphicenabler=yes

I wish I could post pictures, any help with that would be appreciated

And unfortunately I have to do all this from my iPod, uuuuugh

that doesn't sound good :(

It may be awhile... i've reinstalled using Nawcom, so that I could get my internet back and I was able to recover my preferneces from the backup from my dead mac.  I don't know if I'll be able to do anymore messing around with the Dell until I have another mac, hopefully soon.  I will post back when I am back to work on it

thanks for all your help

that doesn't sound good :(

It may be awhile... i've reinstalled using Nawcom, so that I could get my internet back and I was able to recover my preferneces from the backup from my dead mac.  I don't know if I'll be able to do anymore messing around with the Dell until I have another mac, hopefully soon.  I will post back when I am back to work on it

thanks for all your help

Before running the combo update, just  double clic to this file, and reboot 

And now your able to  start and install Combo update 

is the fact that I haven't truly gotten my new graphics card working the reason why I can't see any photos on my computer??  when I click on a photo, preview opens with a blank window

This situation is getting maddening...  There has got to be a fix for this graphics card to dosn't involve doing a completely new install using another method and then starting over rebuilding everything on the system.

org.chameleon.boot.plist as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>AtiConfig</key>
    <string>Eulemur</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1280x800x32</string>
    <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>legacy_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>arch=i386 arch=x86_64</string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>5</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I have a nvidia geoforce 210 graphics card which I was told was very compatible with the Dell optiplex 755, any ideas out there other than complete re-install?

And you need to decide whether you want male or female too!

Big no no here:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 arch=x86_64</string>

GeForce G210 does work OOB, but may require DSDT injection and the correct PCI root. You can temporarily use an enabler such as Natit if you boot to black screen. Then extract your raw DSDT + raw IOreg and post them so that we can patch your DSDT.

I have changed that, using Chameleon Wizard, i have -force64

I will also try different PCI roots.  How do I get you a raw DSDT + IOreg?

i'm sorry... the instructions that i have found for getting the dsdt file is that it is in the extra folder, but I don't have any such file there.  I wonder if I should use the terminal?

the version of IORegistryExplorer out on the net isn't compatible with Snow Leopard, now what??