• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

bob321654984

bob321654984

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Where is the best place to get kexts from? I'm guessing that's what i need to start doing as I don't have network interfaces etc. 

My build: Gigabyte Z77X-D3H mobo / NVidia GTX 760

Also, no matter what I try I cannot get it to boot without the installer USB in. I'm using Clover and EFI, and have even tried installing to the ESP after running the newfs_msdos command but I just get boot errors. Also tried chameleon but that wouldn't boot either. 

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

Dota Member

• Local Moderators
  • 2,546 posts

Hello

I here in forum have many kexts.... this place is very good to Network/SATA/IDE/Sound.... kexts: http://www.insanelym...ts-and-drivers/

Other.... GTX 760 isn't necessary kext and your mobo too... actually bootloader and configurations adjust all... only in extreme cases you need use a kext to enable something ;)

bob321654984

bob321654984

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Thanks for the link... I'm guessing I need some drivers or something - I currently have no network devices or sound, despite both being on the motherboard and working with mavericks. I remember having to do something with voodoo audio on mavericks but never had any issues with network.

I think there was a tool one could download to find out what specific devices there were, and what files were needed. Does anyone know of such a tool?

PimentelX86

PimentelX86

Dota Member

• Local Moderators
  • 2,546 posts

Hello

SystemInfo i guess: http://olarila.com/f...ic.php?f=6&t=25

Other cool thing is use this olarila server to see kexts to your hardware: olarila.com/kexts/

Putting DevID and VendID for seach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy