OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 to Dev

55 posts in this topic

exactly.. even if you have the same PC equivalent its still not a mac product and not going to function exactly like it should with a mac. besides the hackint0sh part there are many people that will buy a PC card to go into old macpros that have the same experiences as us with graphics support.

lets not forget that macs gfx power management is also a joke on real macs :P 

But not all macs with nvidia chipsets suffer from it and to make you happy; it's solved in yosemite.

Perfect news, actually. I don't particularly need 10.9.x and will be happy to switch to Yosemite final when it is, imminently I think, announced.

Thanks for that bit of information.

This issue is fixed with the Nvidia web driver. Sadly it is not available in betas. This is the last time I install a beta on my stable hack. I have a mac mini but that doesn't suffer from the graphics PM issue as it uses Intel HD 3000. It was ok in ML, it all started in Mavericks. It's not a big issue, a reboot will fix it but if you use preview to open a photo or some 3D games that use OpenCL the Framework crashes and PM goes out of the window, only another reboot will fix it. 

Please don't use the its a hackintosh rubbish. I used to think that but my brother loves macs and has got an iMac with a nvidia 650 card in it and is does everything that my hackintosh does. so what next?.

I ant been funny with your reply i used to think it was cos mine isn't real. But its not true everything that happens to me happens to him on is iMac and mac pro :)

• 2 weeks later...