11bjluw.png

Badeendje

Badeendje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

I said so yesterday? :P

You found anything new? basically I saw a 5% increase in gfx bench speed and that's it.

New bluetooth stack... oh and my hack comes out of sleep correctly now.

crushers

crushers

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh,Windows,Linux and any more OS

Yes I see.

zhuangzi23

zhuangzi23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

does 13F31 fix the GPU not-clocking-down issue?

beasty uk

beasty uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

No the power management is still broke stays clocked up :( on my gtx650ti 

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

No the power management is still broke stays clocked up :( on my gtx650ti 

i can't believe that it has been so long and apple does not fix this issue! Yosemite beta was the same and now it's fixed.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,286 posts

it's apple fault that your unsupported graphics isn't working correctly!?!  those bastards!

Badeendje

Badeendje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

If it's anyones fault it's *your* fault for buIlding a hack: Apple only supports and test what hardware they use or will/might be using (considering).

If something is really important to you just buy a real mac; especially if you need it in a work environment.

It's a hobby and you need to be prepared things might not work after an update and you also need some knowledge if you want to fix these things; aka a hobby.

The closer you choose hardware directly used by apple the less trouble you may have; before buying compare chipsets and also using the right smbios might help you a lot.

In short: Apple doesn't need and will not fix your problems.

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

it's apple fault that your unsupported graphics isn't working correctly!?!  those {censored}!

If it's anyones fault it's *your* fault for buIlding a hack: Apple only supports and test what hardware they use or will/might be using (considering).

If something is really important to you just buy a real mac; especially if you need it in a work environment.

It's a hobby and you need to be prepared things might not work after an update and you also need some knowledge if you want to fix these things; aka a hobby.

The closer you choose hardware directly used by apple the less trouble you may have; before buying compare chipsets and also using the right smbios might help you a lot.

In short: Apple doesn't need and will not fix your problems.

Is this in reply to what I said? Remember, this is an issue that affects real macs so your theory that if you buy a new mac it will be different doesn't hold water. It is an Nvidia driver issue, I have a GPU that is used by Apple in their macs.

Badeendje

Badeendje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

If you didn't get it, it wasn't aimed at anyone specifically hence the *your*.

But not all macs with nvidia chipsets suffer from it and to make you happy; it's solved in yosemite.

For me it simply works on both the hack and mbp + mac pro so I'm not sure what it's related to, maybe specific configurations.

joe75

joe75

Renegade

• Retired
  • 2,286 posts

exactly.. even if you have the same PC equivalent its still not a mac product and not going to function exactly like it should with a mac. besides the hackint0sh part there are many people that will buy a PC card to go into old macpros that have the same experiences as us with graphics support.

lets not forget that macs gfx power management is also a joke on real macs :P 

zhuangzi23

zhuangzi23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

But not all macs with nvidia chipsets suffer from it and to make you happy; it's solved in yosemite.

Perfect news, actually. I don't particularly need 10.9.x and will be happy to switch to Yosemite final when it is, imminently I think, announced.

Thanks for that bit of information.

ccsr

ccsr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

This issue is fixed with the Nvidia web driver. Sadly it is not available in betas. This is the last time I install a beta on my stable hack. I have a mac mini but that doesn't suffer from the graphics PM issue as it uses Intel HD 3000. It was ok in ML, it all started in Mavericks. It's not a big issue, a reboot will fix it but if you use preview to open a photo or some 3D games that use OpenCL the Framework crashes and PM goes out of the window, only another reboot will fix it. 

beasty uk

beasty uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Please don't use the its a hackintosh rubbish. I used to think that but my brother loves macs and has got an iMac with a nvidia 650 card in it and is does everything that my hackintosh does. so what next?.

I ant been funny with your reply i used to think it was cos mine isn't real. But its not true everything that happens to me happens to him on is iMac and mac pro :)

Badeendje

Badeendje

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

10.9.5 final 13F34 is just released :)

Nothing noteworthy after a quick look except they fixed a bug I had with the preview app which was still there in the last dev build.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy