DSDT Help - Gateway FX p7805u

mylakerye

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I recently loaded Mavericks on my Gateway FX p7805u using #######, and after a little digging around I realized this isn't an ideal way to install OS X for various reasons. I used to poke around here some time ago, and I am now in the process of attempting to do this the proper way. I've had one other hackintosh in the past but I never actually edited my own DSDT. For my previous system I was able to find one online, but this laptop doesn't seem to be discussed much; it is definitely starting to show it's age.

The previous installation of Mavericks was very unstable and relied on a lot of crappy kexts that caused frequent kernel panics. I want to try to get an edited DSDT running because from what I've read on different hackintosh forums most of the hardware on this computer works natively. I even managed to install an Atheros 9285 I had laying around by scraping off the Pin 20 with a razor blade!

So, now my question: I can't seem to get rid of one of the errors on my extracted DSDT. Again I don't really know what I'm doing here but I figured I'd give it a shot. Thank you so much for any help or advice I'd really appreciate it.

The error is Invalid Leading asterisk, what would be my next move in fixing this before loading it into Chameleon? Thanks again! 

EDIT: Also I just wanted to mention that I'm no longer using the aforementioned software I'm now attempting to follow rockinron_1's guide to a vanilla install; I understand the rules and I respect that we don't support proprietary software here, especially when stealing code is involved!

dsdt.zip