Enabling QE/CI on GeForce 7 series with Mavericks and Clover

gluxon

7 posts in this topic

I have an older nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB card released back in 2006. There's a lot of information around on how to get this working with OSx86, but all suggestions are from 2006-2010. Do enablers, EFI injection, and other methods still work today? What solution should I try to use to get this working with my Clover setup?

Many thanks.

Not AFAIK, even though I also have the same vid card and I can only use it in Lion. Lion isn't all that bad though :) Just slow on older specs. It was fine for me on my Core 2 Quad. Of course, unless you're Sandy Bridge or lower, you can't even run Lion with native PM :)

That's right, there are no 64-bit drivers for 7xxx series cards and Lion is the last version of OS X that can run in 32-bit mode. Grab a nice second hand 9800 GTX+ video card and you can run Mavericks :D

Not to worry, as long as your CPU has the EM64T instruction set, 32-bit OS X can run 64-bit apps and can use up to 32GB of RAM. It's just the kernel and all drivers that are 32-bit.

Bleh. If you get any known working G92 or NV50 based nvidia card you can upgrade!

As you can see 7xxx series nvidia cards represent kind of a significant cut-off point. But I'm sure there's a 8800 GT or 9800 GTX+ for cheap somewhere close to you. Excellent video cards for a Hackintosh.

I have a 9800 GTX+ that I'm not using but I'm in Brazil. Otherwise I'd personally drive it to your house and take you money lol