Successful install on Lenovo Thinkpad T500 and a question

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, my first post !

I've read about OS X for years, so I dove in with a hackintosh build on my Lenovo Thinkpad T500 laptop, Intel processor. After several hours, I finally got Mavericks installed and working just right. Woot ! So, it can be done on an old notebook. You have to follow the install guides to the letter. I used MyHack to upgrade from my retail Snow Leopard.

Now, the question: I"m trying to get the OS X version of http://secondlife.com installed on it now. I've used two versions of it. I'm hesitant to go ask for help on those forums, because I don't really want to get "yelled at" by people who are purists about Macs. It's just a bit odd to me that no version of SL I've tried so far will work on my Hackintosh.

I'll be happy to post the error messages from the crashes, or go to the SL forums if I must. If this post violates forum rules, my bad, I'm a newb here. Thanks.

Steve

on edit: Please do not contact me. I had to figure it all out by trial and error, using the link I posted downthread. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to your request but I too have a Lenovo T500 and I was wondering, if it isn't too much trouble, could you link me to the instructions for the hackintosh install you used on it. I'm new to the installation process and just need a little guidance.

I know this doesn't exactly pertain to your request but I too have a Lenovo T500 and I was wondering, if it isn't too much trouble, could you link me to the instructions for the hackintosh install you used on it. I'm new to the installation process and just need a little guidance.

http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/06/how-to-install-os-x-109-mavericks-dp1.html

Use that link. Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...