• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Hackintosher1

Hackintosher1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

My reply for DSDT patches were to 'ilollo360'... not you.

I tried the patches on my DSDT and I have HD3000 but it didn't work (I'm aware they were to ilollo360).

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,579 posts
  • Interests:skiing, software, classic cars

I tried the patches on my DSDT and I have HD3000 but it didn't work (I'm aware they were to ilollo360).

The patches I provided were not intended to fix anything regarding HD3000. They are for fixing the specific compiler errors ilollo360 had in DSDT.

Hackintosher1

Hackintosher1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

The patches I provided were not intended to fix anything regarding HD3000. They are for fixing the specific compiler errors ilollo360 had in DSDT.

I strongly suggest you to take a look at what "ilollo360" asked for in the first post before saying that.

"Hi all. I've got a problem with my laptop. I perfectly installed OS X 10.9 and recently 10.10. Everything works perfectly except for the HD 3000 that after 5/10 mins it gives me a lot of artifacts and sometimes makes the pc crashes. 

These are the specs of my laptop:

Asus X53SV

Nvidia GT540M

Intel Core i7 2630QM

8Gb RAM 1333

320Gb hitachi hdd

atheros 9285

How can i solve this problem? I tried with GraphicsEnabler=No but no avail... 

Thanks in advance."

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,579 posts

I strongly suggest you to take a look at what "ilollo360" asked for in the first post before saying that.

"Hi all. I've got a problem with my laptop. I perfectly installed OS X 10.9 and recently 10.10. Everything works perfectly except for the HD 3000 that after 5/10 mins it gives me a lot of artifacts and sometimes makes the pc crashes. 
These are the specs of my laptop:
Asus X53SV
Nvidia GT540M
Intel Core i7 2630QM
8Gb RAM 1333
320Gb hitachi hdd
atheros 9285

How can i solve this problem? I tried with GraphicsEnabler=No but no avail... 
Thanks in advance."

Read carefully.

My response was purely a reply regarding the errors in the DSDT. No other issues were addressed or intended to be addressed by my post.

Hackintosher1

Hackintosher1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

So, you're running with native DSDT... Using Clover, you will need to inject snb-platform-id via DSDT.

See here: https://github.com/R...ptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "HD3000 Low Resolution" or "HD3000 High Resolution"

The problem is Clover has support for injecting ig-platform-id (for HD4000), but no support for snb-platform-id (for HD3000).

You will need to save your patched DSDT to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml

Yeah, I can see that.

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,579 posts

Nothing happened, it just booted as usual and the artifacts came back after doing certain things like launching Safari or Spotify.

HD3000 artifacts are a fact of life. But they can be reduced by insuring the DSDT you're using is based on your as-current native DSDT.

I have no idea whether the DSDT you're using is based on your current native DSDT or not. That is something for you to check.

Yeah, I can see that.

See what?

Hackintosher1

Hackintosher1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

HD3000 artifacts are a fact of life. But they can be reduced by insuring the DSDT you're using is based on your as-current native DSDT.

I have no idea whether the DSDT you're using is based on your current native DSDT or not. That is something for you to check.

See what?

HD3000 artifacts are apparently not a fact of life as they can easily be removed with the boot arg "slide=0" that needs to be in Clovers config.plist file. Though, I appreciate your attempts to help.

RehabMan

RehabMan

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,579 posts

HD3000 artifacts are apparently not a fact of life as they can easily be removed with the boot arg "slide=0" that needs to be in Clovers config.plist file. Though, I appreciate your attempts to help.

Report back when they re-appear.

vrishcons

vrishcons

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

So suggest final solution. I am suffering with this since long time on my Dell XPS 15 Laptop. I have seen blame game but not precise problem to search and provide solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy