Alright, I am gonna be as straight forward as possible. I have got 10.5.8 working perfectly on my 1525, and was looking to go Lion. I am gonna hop from 10.5.8 to 10.6 to 10.6.3 to 10.6.8 then finally to 10.7.X. I followed these guides
I got everything done, no problem. I am using a 16 GB SD card and I am using a SD card reader (USB) to r/w to it (The card reader is not supported for me in 10.5.8), and right at step 1 for installation, I hit my problem. I can't boot from the external card reader. Then I tried to boot from the internal card reader, with no luck. Does anyone know what the issue could be? If so, how do I get it to boot? Also, I am all for going straight to (Mountain)Lion or Mavericks!
1. Grabbed a copy of iPC 10.5.6, burned it to a DVD at 8x burning speeds
2. Booted into iPC on the Dell, installed 10.5.6 without any issues
3. Grabbed the 10.5.8 Software update, no issues there
4. Got a copy of the retail version of 10.6.0 and followed the above guides. I used MBR, ill go ahead and try GUID
5. Tried booting into the SD card reader from *all* the USB ports, I even tried using the onboard reader to no avail.
6. Messed around with the BIOS (Reset defaults, changed boot sequence), to no avail.
7. Tried re-doing EVERYTHING, with no success.
I REALLY hope its a setting I can change, or something related, because my Dad won't let me use the USB Thumb drives he has, because he won't allow OSX on it due to the fact its technically illegal. I am using a IOGear GGFR209 with a Kingston 100X Class 10 16GB SD card. Guys, I really need help with this, I was looking to have at least Snow on the Dell before school on Monday. If there is anything I need to do, please respond!