• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

winmacnix10

winmacnix10

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

as the topic says, i have this board. recently upgraded my system and would like to install OS X 10.9. i really prefer not to use any distros (most guides i found required usage of ##### or distros) as i have acquired the retail disc for this version and want minimal hacks to get this system running. the specs are below with screen shots...

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4

Bios             : F4 (came preinstalled with this board)

CPU             : Intel Core i7-4820k @ 3.70GHz

Memory       : 16GB (4x4gb) DDR3 1333 (Plan to upgrade to 32GB soon)

Main HDD    : Seagate 1TB Hybrid Drive (ST1000DX001-1CM1) (connected to Intel port 0) (Eventually SSD)

Graphics     : Nvidia Quadro FX 3500 (will be upgraded soon to newer cards for SLI)

I plan to split the 1TB drive in half so i can have Win7 x64 and OSX 10.9 in a dual boot setup. I have not setup any OC profiles (left it with default optimized settings). if there are any bios settings i must change, boot flags and boot disc i need to get this running please advise. thank you for your time.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy