pLEAse help me with my sound card!

8 posts in this topic

i mount the deadmoo image with vmware and i boot to mac osx 10.4.1

everything cool

the sound is no working but after some search i did i realized that it supposed to be compatible

the mobo is ASUS A8V DELUXE

the soundcard is onboard AC97 with REALTEK ALC850 chipset

WHY CANT I MAKE IT WORK?

i had this problem with the onbard ethernet also but i fixed it :D)

plzzz help me ..i want sound!

after this i must find a fix for the nvidia support

thanz for the reply

i will do as you said (its on queue from yesterday :poster_oops: )

do you think i will be able to install it the same way as the deadmoo image?

i just mount it to vmware drive (1st to daemon) and no needed for installation .

it was allready installed on the .img and all i needed to do was boot and fix some things)

I need this cause i dont want to mess with another disks and nature osx installation

i want to do this in vmware again so i can search for every problem with a single click from xp

thankz for your reply

if its ok with you i will for a pm :)

i need the best version for AMD64 +3000 ,ASUS A8V DELUXE (VIA) ,ONBOARD SOUND REALTEK ALC850 (AC97)

the network adapter is MARVEL YUKON but its ok i fixed it and it works perfect

thankz again

You can run it in VMWare.

Create a virtual machine in VMWare. When you get the iso file, mount it as a virtual disk using software like Daemon Tools. Point VMWare to read from the virtual disk and run the installer. The first step of the installation is to format your virtual machine using Disk Utility in the Utilities menu. Format it as MacOS Extended Journaled. Later in the installation, when it asks you to click the Install button - first click the Customize button and select packages for your computer. Click the little arrow in front of the patches category to reveal the individual packages. Select Intel or AMD packages, not both. Select SSE2 or SSE3, not both, depending upon the capability of your processor. Select the Combo Update to get the latest version of OSX. Select other packages only if you are sure your computer can use them.

10.4.6: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4249

10.4.7: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=4499

many many thankz for the reply

ill w8 for the d/l to finish and ill post my progress

im a little confused...AMD ATHLON64 +3000 socket 939 is SSE3 also or only SSE,SSE2...?

cant find the box and some sites say that specification are SSE3 and other say SSE2 (mislabeled informations)

how can i be sure ?

thankz again

last question:

i made a 10gb partition in a RAID disk i have (its is 300gb)

i did it with partition magic

its NTFS and its LOGICAL partition not primary

install the new osx from VMWARE there? or better to install it in somefolder in my C: Disk?

DONT WANT TO ERASE THE C DISK!

is there any way to avoid partitioning again disk C: ?

my 10gb logical would be ok if i open the osx everytime through vmware?

many many thankz for the reply

ill w8 for the d/l to finish and ill post my progress

im a little confused...AMD ATHLON64 +3000 socket 939 is SSE3 also or only SSE,SSE2...?

cant find the box and some sites say that specification are SSE3 and other say SSE2 (mislabeled informations)

how can i be sure ?

thankz again

last question:

i made a 10gb partition in a RAID disk i have (its is 300gb)

i did it with partition magic

its NTFS and its LOGICAL partition not primary

install the new osx from VMWARE there? or better to install it in somefolder in my C: Disk?

DONT WANT TO ERASE THE C DISK!

is there any way to avoid partitioning again disk C: ?

my 10gb logical would be ok if i open the osx everytime through vmware?

In Windows, download and run CPU-Z to determine if you have SSE2 or SSE3, although I'm pretty sure you have SSE3.

In VMWare using a virtual disk, it is installed into a file pretending to be a disk. Save the virtual machine file anywhere you have space. You only install OSX through VMWare to a partition if you intend to boot it natively.

thankz

everything is clear now

i understand that the dmg/iso/img will be the virtual DISK/OSX so it can go everywhere in my pc

everytime i will open my vmachine configuration it will just start with this image,so its the same as the deadmoo image

the only difference will be that now i will have to install it from the beggining and choose my settings..correct?

it will be installed into the 6gb image or i can choose a folder in my real pc?

i guess into the image if i go through vmware

i blv also its SSE3 but some sites say iits SSE AND SSE2 only...

ill download the program u said

it says SSE3 support

untisadasddfs4.jpg

its just strange cause when i enabled the SSE3 maxxuss patchess the OSX crashed

maybe because of the 10.4.1 poor SSE3 support.right?

so in 10.4.6 i choose AMD SSSE3 ...

lets see :(