Dell Inspiron 15R - 5537 - woes, issues, what I've done

78 posts in this topic

Scratch that, laptop was in the car - I put the config.plist in /EFI/CLOVER - made it so i only had the boot options for the Mavericks USB + Windows UEFI boot

but it still took me to a missing bootcache.playlist error when i rocked -f -v

----------------

I tried it spacebar > without caches

also UYseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler= Yes/No

what should I specifically use?

Alright! Got past the Apple logo, chose my language then *boom* install failed, but it won't let me save the log - I took pictures and I'm trying to upload them now, any ideas what that could mean?

Something wrong with your installer, I always prefer vanilla installer.

Got it working sir! Thank you oh so very much!

so my Atheros 9565 is useless basically? I'm about to order a usb mini wifi card to make up for it.

Now i'm following your 7000 guide so as to make them both bootable without the usb key -> is that the best way to do it?

Got it working sir! Thank you oh so very much!

so my Atheros 9565 is useless basically? I'm about to order a usb mini wifi card to make up for it.

Now i'm following your 7000 guide so as to make them both bootable without the usb key -> is that the best way to do it?

I think you can see it as reference because your dsdt may be different, for example the decompile dsdt.dsl will have lots of Zero Zero Zero errors, you need to delete them manually.

wait, that confuses me =( sorry...

I need to delete what for what? Is that above post in regards to the Atheros wifi?

OH! and for the boot to install then crash, I had to manually patch it for MBR boot, that's what got it to go!

added 3/11 ----------------------------------------------

OK so graphics are displaying properly somewhat, I've gotten sound to work and I think sleep is working [it's on and off]

one thing I can't get to work so far is my Brightness - my intel 4400 is seen but under display properties, is only registering as Generic Graphics

what's a good way to get around this??

I was seeing to use Maci ASL to generate an SSDT

I was reading that in order to get the Intel 4400 to be recognized as an actual Graphics device I need to inject this into it:

DefinitionBlock("ssdt-gr.aml", "SSDT", 1, "IgFake", "IgFake", 0x00001000)
{
Method(_SB.PCI0.GFX0._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
Return (Package()
{
"device-id", Buffer() { 0x22, 0x0d, 0x00, 0x00 },
"compatible", Buffer() { "pci8086,d22" },
"name", Buffer() { "pci8086,d22" },
"AAPL,ig-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x03, 0x00, 0x22, 0x0d },
})
}
}

Now if i create this file and inject the code into it, am I at risk of making my Mac OS X partition unbootable? What's my best course of action?

I've already tried installing ACPIBacklight.kext using KextWizard so I'm thinking once I get it to recognize the graphics card I'll be good to go on that front?

BTW thanks to all your help, I'm compiling the information to add my own information to the OSXWiki which after all these years, I'm extremely glad to finally be able to contribute to

Look at my Clover guide for 7000, you need to patch your OEM HD4400 SSDT (it's in your BIOS, not generated by MaciASL or anything) to add brightness, then install ACPIBacklight. It's the best way!

This ssdt will hurt your system for sure, it injects wrong ig-platform-id (it's used for desktop, not laptop).

Take a screenshot of your "Generic graphics".

Ok here it is showing that it sees the Intel 4400:

1Ons5iI.jpg

And I stand corrected because it's showing me the right resolution, just not allowing me to control the brightness:

I'm just waiting on my new wifi card to come in the mail and then I can test out your 7000 Clover guide.

Gfxe8P2.jpg

9u6wWQ5.jpg

No new updates as I still can't get that damn Wireless Utility to load - I can connect to the internet all fine and dandy on my school's network using this wifi card because it doesn't require credentials under [Guest Mode] but still unable to use it at home

=( =( =(

I swapped out my wifi for an Atehros 9285, now it shows it as an AirPort which I'm SUPER happy about

I tried patching the dsdt for kicks and giggkes, but when I decomplied the .dsl file and loaded it into MaciASL, it shows 3 errors when I compiled so I scratched that whole section