ESXI and OSX Bootloaders

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

The_Moves

The_Moves

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 17 posts

So far, I have been unable to get Chameleon or any other bootloaders to load when I start or reboot my OS X VM. The only reason I am interested in using a seperate bootloader is so I can pass agruments for specefic FrameBuffer Personalities with my VT-d passthrough AMD Radeon gpu - also from my research, having a bootloader like Chameleon will allow me to get HDMI audio working.

Any thoughts?

iFIRE

iFIRE

InsanelyMacaholic

• Moderators
  • 3,769 posts

Clover http://sourceforge.n.../cloverefiboot/

Chameleon  http://www.insanelym...ameleon-22-svn/

The_Moves

The_Moves

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 17 posts
Will look into the Clover bootloader, will it work with ESXi though?

The_Moves

The_Moves

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 17 posts
Well ESXi and it's virtual EFI? Or do I just boot the VM as a Linux guest?

The_Moves

The_Moves

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 17 posts
I've tried to boot the VM using legacy Bios, but when I point the VM to the Clover ISO it just shows 5 lines, the last one mentioning the CDROM. When I boot using EFi, and install Clover, it appears that Clover is completely ignored upon starting the VM.

The_Moves

The_Moves

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 17 posts

iFire, I have been unable to get my OS X VM to reognize Chameleon or Clover on boot up. When I load Chameleon to USB, boot off to it via passthrough, it loads initially - but only give me one possible selection, which is itself. It doesn't seem to scan the attached drives which the EFI bios was aware of.

Any thoughts? Maybe I can install something like Clover or rEFI onto another VMDK?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy