No replies to this topic

cmcclen

cmcclen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi folks!

I managed to successfully install OSX 10.9 on my machine and upgrade to 10.9.1. 

Everything looks great so far, but for some reason it doesn't detect my second monitor.  Specs:

MB: Asus Z87-Pro (on-board graphics turned off in the BIOS), Intel i7 4770k 3.5 GHz, Gigabyte Geforce GTX 770 2 GB PCI-E, 16 GB (2x 8GB G.Skill ripsaw ddr-1600)

I have tried hooking up the monitors in different combinations... 1-DVI  and 1 displayport or both connected by DVI, and no matter what, only the monitor on the 1st DVI connector is detected (they both work fine in Windows or Linux).  I don't know if it might have something to do with the graphics kext, or if the right one was installed.  Maybe a boot-up parameter?

One thing that is strange is that when I click on "About this mac" it says my graphics card is:  "Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 0 MB"   -- I find that "0 MB" very strange...

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I really appreciate it!

Thanks!!!

Chris

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #mavericks, #dualmonitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy