palit GeForce 9800GT

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,120 posts

It exists in that particular place because that's where it gets parsed when it is part of a generated device-properties string, as it always is. Which is why copying and pasting someone elses device properties string doesn't always work.

Hervé, I'm not being arrogant, I'm trying to learn something. Maybe I could have worded that differently. But in the same way, I could say that you're also being arrogant in insisting that I'm wrong. :P

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Spoiler

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

'been there since... at least 2011/12 I'd say (I could be wrong of course)...

Attached File  PciRoot.JPG   237.59KB   1 downloads

Sorry about that little disruption Lizard... Now that the matter is closed, let's get back to our patching.

Ok, your P & C states config is not entirely correct, but that is not something that will impact your graphics.

I'm going to try DVI-to-VGA adapter my self to see how good or bad it is on my LCD screen. This being said, are you getting full QE/CI on that setup at all when you use the patched DSDT?

[...]

[...]

[...]

Ok, display is Ok and perfect out of DVI#1 or DVI #2 when I use a DVI-VGA adapter at the back of the card. Obviously, there is some communication between the OS and the screen because it's able to detect I'm using the analog adapter: when the screen is connected analog, I get the default desktop background whereby I had actually set my own background when it was connected digital... It also reverts when I connect back to DVI directly.

I have no DVI-HDMI unfortunately. So, as far as I know, you should be good with DVI-VGA adapter. Using a TV lead to poorer rendering than with a proper computer screen though (res, luminance, etc.), I can certainly confirm that for having recently tried that over an HDMI connection. The single cable took care of video+audio though, which is nice.

Can you post us a screenshot of your SystemReport->PCI card & SystemReport->Graphics/Displays info as shown when you use the patched DSDT?

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Yes, full QE/CI.

Spoiler

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Well, I'd stick to that then. Sorry but I would not know what to do re: DVI-HDMI adapter. You confirm you no longer use NVEnabler kext?

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Well, I'd stick to that then. Sorry but I would not know what to do re: DVI-HDMI adapter. You confirm you no longer use NVEnabler kext?

Yes, I didn't use it, because it accelerates cooler to 100%.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Very well, I've made some minor adjustments to make the Ethernet ports visible. It looks like you have 2xRealtek GigabitEthernet LAN ports, correct? Built-in or add-on card?

Attached File  Patched_files.zip   20.4KB   3 downloads

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Very well, I've made some minor adjustments to make the Ethernet ports visible. It looks like you have 2xRealtek GigabitEthernet LAN ports, correct? Built-in or add-on card?
attachicon.gifPatched_files.zip

my motherboard have 2 built-in lan ports.(Gigabyte EP45C-DS3)

nothing changes, still blackscreen.

I've tried a lot of options for digital output, adding nvcap, vbios, efi strings, different nvenablers, but only with this nvenabler the system starts with digital output.

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

You mean patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-HDMI --> Blackscreen?

What about patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-VGA or patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-only?

lizard.king

lizard.king

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

You mean patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-HDMI --> Blackscreen?

What about patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-VGA or patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-only?

Yes, patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-HDMI --> Blackscreen.
patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-to-VGA --> working (without DSDT it's working too)
patched DSDT + no NVenabler + DVI-only --> I can't check it, because I have no display with DVI slot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy