Atheros AR9285 and (maybe) Intel HD Graphics (DSDT)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

iWin32

iWin32

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Hi!  I'm not that strong when it comes to editing DSDT, and I'm currently having trouble with enabling my wifi connection on Mountain Lion.  Before, I was stuck with the trash Ralink RT5390 due to my laptop's wifi whitelist.  The only card that is 100% compatible with OS X in the whitelist was a certain HP-Branded of the above Atheros AR9285.  After two failed attempts to order the right one off of Ebay, the third one (arrived this week) worked like a charm in my laptop.  It might also be important to note that I don't have bluetooth, just wifi.

Anyway, when I booted in OS X, the wifi icon came up, but I got the dreaded "No hardware installed".  I've attached my DSDT as I'm not sure if I implementing the hacks correctly.  Also, if anyone is able to look at this guide's hack section and figure out how I can get rid of Natit.kext, more power to them, but my main goal (as I currently have graphics working with Natit) is to fix my wifi issues.  I've tried several kexts, but to no avail.  Can anyone help me with this?  Thanks in advanced!

P.S. I don't want to have to upgrade to Mavericks because even though it's free, Mavericks has been reported to be really buggy with the Intel HD Graphics, and I want to wait for the bugs to be sorted out.

Attached Files

toleda

toleda

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 951 posts

I booted in OS X, the wifi icon came up, but I got the dreaded "No hardware installed".  I've attached my DSDT as I'm not sure if I implementing the hacks correctly.  

The edits have changed with 10.8.5, see [Guide]_airport_pcie-hm_dsdt_edits.pdf,  Airport - PCIe Half Mini - LAN and Wireless - InsanelyMac Forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy