Asus P5LD2: second HD possible to boot with XP on it?

MacSimizeDenver

5 posts in this topic

Hi community,

First of all my hardware specs: Asus P5LD2 Deluxe with Intels 945P chipset.

With the Asus P5LD2 it's not possible for OSX to handle with the PRI_EIDE and the SEC_EIDE, so I had to connect my OSX-HD (ATA133) with the PRI_IDE controller.

OSX is on a 160GB HD (jumpered as Master) together with a Samsung DVD-Writer (jumpered as Slave) - connected to the PRI_IDE controller.

So I know it isn't possible for OSX to detect any drive on the PRI_EIDE or SEC_EIDE.

But I want to have a second HD in my computer with Windows XP (also ATA133). I connected the XP-HD via the PRI_EIDE and the SEC_EIDE (as Master, Slave, Cable Select etc), but the drive won't be detected by the BIOS of the board. I have the latest firmware, it's detected at the bootscreen - bt it isn't listed in the BIOS nor by the XP installer.

My question is: What do I have to do so that my XP-HD will be detected by the BIOS and the Windows installer?

Or do I have to buy a S-ATA HD and install this one?

Thx in advance....

Hello,

i have a P5LD2 with SATA Raid 0 for WXP and Vista, and a third IDE HD for OSX Version JAS 10.4.8. (as master how you and a dvd-burner as slave). This IDE port is linked with the Intel ICH7R South Bridge.

The other two IDE port are controlled by a separately "ITE" chip. You need special driver for this and the ports don`t support ATAPI devices.

Visit the ASUS Homepage, download the newest driver, copy them on a disk, boot with the XP install CD and hit F6 and install the drivers.

Or, buy a SATA HD

Bye

Sorry for the bad english...

I bought a new 200gig SATA HD from Samsung for 60 bucks... hell, this thing is great!

But it is never the less impossibe for me to install XP on this HD. Right after copying the Install folder to the HD the PC restarts and show the message "OS not installed" ...BS!!

So I decided to install OSX on this nw SATA HD, import all my files from my IDE HD and use this IDE HD after for my XP install.... perfect solution - but it doesn't work again!!

Right after registration/import of files the screen turns blue and i just see the mouse. Normally it would boot into the finder.

What the +#$* ???