• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

pulse40

pulse40

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So I updated to the 10.8.5 kernel and upon restart I get this wonderfully rude message. Any other AMD Hackintosh experimenters get this and any idea if there is another hardware virtualization bypass that will allow the 10.8.5 update to be compatible?

It's my impression that this incompatibility was done deliberatly on Apple's part hence the really rude Kernel panic message.

What are your thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks!

1268125_574664035902479_158780176_o.jpg

thinkerwisdom

thinkerwisdom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

This gave me headaches but i was finally able to have a solution.

1. Create a new virtual machine with mac os x 10.8.3 with amd support.

2. before starting it , in the settings menu add a new hard drive, and select the one of your virtual machine with the kernel panic(your original virtual machine)

3. Start the new virtual machine, when it shows the installation setup, reset the virtual machine 

4.when the virtual machine is now started you should be able to boot normally,  your original account will appear, all your files will be the same, and better of all your os wil be now 10.8.5!

Hope it helps! 

ThinkerWisdom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy