HP BCM94322MC not showing up in 10.8.4

6 posts in this topic

I have a Vostro 1700 with 10.8.4 installed on a testing hard drive.  My issue is my HP branded BCM94322MC that worked perfectly fine in 10.8.1 is not being recognized with the default IO80211Family.kext.  If I use the modified kext from my 10.8.1, the card shows up but I get the connection timeout error.   Anyone have any ideas how I can get this working in 10.8.4?

Actually it is the IO80211Family that I modify.  I add the identifier for my wireless card in AirPortBrcm43224 within the IO80211Family that comes with 10.8.4 and it does not recognize my wireless card.  If I use the modified IO80211Family from 10.8.1 in 10.8.4, the wireless card gets recognized, but I get the connection timeout when I try to connect to a network.

Still no answers anyone?  The only thing I haven't tried is to rebrand my card to an Apple Airport, I wasn't able to get all the packages installed in Ubuntu and I'm concerned that if I rebrand, my card will not work in Win8 properly.  I would really just like to avoid the rebranding and finding either a DSDT fix or a kext that will work.

I got bored and rebranded the card.  It works fine in Windows 8 and it shows up as Airport Extreme in 10.8.1 with modified kext, but it's still not showing up in 10.8.4 with default kext.  Tried using the modified kext and it shows up as an Airport Extreme but I still cannot connect to any networks.  WTF is wrong with this thing?