VMWare Issue

ntg7v3

4 posts in this topic

Running OS 10.4.6 in VMware and I get first grey screen with the Apple logo, but the I get the message:

"Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device."

Please help!!! Thanks.

I received this error message once too, upon initial install. I hit okay and then proceeded to install successfully.

One cd-rom related mishap that I soon after recognized was this: I opened VMWare, created my guest system, opened up daemon tools, mounted my image, attempted to install from the virtual cd-rom. The problem is that I left the cd-rom on Auto-Detect. Looking in the drop down I saw that my virtual cd-rom drive was not listed. This was because I mounted after VMWare had already enumerated the drive list.

Running OS 10.4.6 in VMware and I get first grey screen with the Apple logo, but the I get the message:

"Your virtual machine has sent an ATAPI (CD-ROM) command that is supported only when programming the drive via DMA. You will need to configure your guest operating system to use DMA when communicating with DVD/CD-ROM devices.

Note that some operating systems will report DMA is available without actually using it. In those cases, normal CD-ROM operations will still be available, but special features will only be available if you reconfigure the virtual device as a SCSI device."

Please help!!! Thanks.

Just push OK and carry on. Problem solved. ;)

After I hit OK it loops through some text a couple times saying:

launchhd: com.apple.niblindd: exited abnornally: Segmentation fault

launchhd: com.apple.niblindd: respawned too quickly! throttling

launchhd: com.apple.niblindd: 1 more failure without living at least 60 seconds will cause job removal

launchhd: com.apple.niblindd: exited abnornally: will restart in 10 seconds

localhost:/ root#

and just stays there